Need some advice climbing tree stand or not

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hazmat

Re: Need some advice climbing tree stand or not

Post by Hazmat »

I am using an Ameristep Hitman and I love it!

Climbing treestands take some getting used to, practice over the summer to get ready for the season on using them as well as setting them up in the dark.

I remember my first morning I went to use mine and how difficult and noisy it was setting it up, as well you will work up a sweat getting your climber up the tree, dress in layers and make sure that you wear a harness.
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
VAHunter

Post by VAHunter »

Treewalker Treestands :D
The best climbing stand you can buy! I bought one a year ago and used it all of this past season. I upgraded from a Summitt and it is no comparison. The Treewalker is lighter, stronger, more comfortable, has a built on shooting rail that actually works, will not slip no matter what you climb on (telephone pole, ice covered tree, doesn't matter), fits a much larger size range of trees, and its manufactured in the U.S. by a great family company!

The only draw backs are it is longer so its a little more cumbersome to transport, but it is lighter, and it isn't cheap, about $400. It climbs much easier than a summit, no straps or stirrups to put your feet into. It is reversible, face away or towards the tree for rifle hunting. Only problem I had in it was trying not to fall asleep becase it was so comfy! Its pretty roomy also, I'm 6'1" and 225 lbs and I have plenty of space.

You can only buy them from their website or at outdoor shows (I got mine at the Eastern Outdoor show in PA last year and got about $100 off) so you don't see alot of them around. If you google them you'll see like I did that everyone who has them loves them, kindof like Excaliburs :D
2011 Exomax
Shadow-Zone Scope
GT Laser II arrows
Slick Trick Magnum Broadheads
Nikon Riflehunter 550 Rangefinder
Tree Walker and Cougar Claw Treestands
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

VAHunter wrote:Treewalker Treestands :D
The best climbing stand you can buy! I bought one a year ago and used it all of this past season. I upgraded from a Summitt and it is no comparison. The Treewalker is lighter, stronger, more comfortable, has a built on shooting rail that actually works, will not slip no matter what you climb on (telephone pole, ice covered tree, doesn't matter), fits a much larger size range of trees, and its manufactured in the U.S. by a great family company!

The only draw backs are it is longer so its a little more cumbersome to transport, but it is lighter, and it isn't cheap, about $400. It climbs much easier than a summit, no straps or stirrups to put your feet into. It is reversible, face away or towards the tree for rifle hunting. Only problem I had in it was trying not to fall asleep becase it was so comfy! Its pretty roomy also, I'm 6'1" and 225 lbs and I have plenty of space.

You can only buy them from their website or at outdoor shows (I got mine at the Eastern Outdoor show in PA last year and got about $100 off) so you don't see alot of them around. If you google them you'll see like I did that everyone who has them loves them, kindof like Excaliburs :D
Your absolutely right about them being scarce. I rarely see one used on Archerytalk and I watch it close. The first one ever was on there and he was right in my area so I bought it for 250.00. I did'nt get a chance to try it yet but its competition is a equalizier so we shall see. Whichever one works best for me and the other I will sell.
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

Tree Walker is the no. 1 climbing treestand in my opinion. I've tryed them all and TreeWalker is the last climber I will buy. There is no better stand.
Tenn.

Equinox
Pigfoot63

Post by Pigfoot63 »

I have always used an Ole' Man and thought it was the only stand to use until I hunted in my buddys Gunslinger. No comparison, just like my recliner at home.
I can face the tree and have plenty of room to fire my crossbow. Off season price is very reasonable. All day hunting is a breeze in this stand.
birddog1520

Post by birddog1520 »

Great thread folks, The info here has been very valuable. I too am in the market for a couple of climbing stands, do to the fact that my son was using ours in gun season here in Pa. and someone else must have liked them better, so they grew legs, they were hang on stands on private property, so now I have to buy two stands to replace them and am going to climbing stands so they will go in and come out every time we hunt. I have not been up a tree in many years but would like to try again since I am able to hunt archery again because of Pa. allowing crossbows in reg. archery season.

Thank you much,

Randy, The Birddog.
jcollins0001

Post by jcollins0001 »

Hard to beat the ol'man tree stands
http://www.olmanoutdoors.com/

Very solid and I have found less noisy than the summit stands jmo

Jeff