Toronto International Centre

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: Toronto International Centre

Post by wheelie »

Doe Master wrote:Considering the time of year . There won`t be as many exhibitors . They have to commit to the season of shows months ago . :)
When they have X amount of dollars for shows you commit to proven performers . ie The Sportsman Show
Ya My buddy took $1500 hoping for a Hoyt Carbon Element. I had $350 hoping for a PSE Discovery 2. Ordered mine in #40 last night when I got home. Think internet must kill alot of events and stores. I know I spend 95 percent of my hunting money online.

Is it a problem when you go somewhere like that and u figure you have more at home than at a show?

LOL
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

wheelie wrote:
Doe Master wrote:Considering the time of year . There won`t be as many exhibitors . They have to commit to the season of shows months ago . :)
When they have X amount of dollars for shows you commit to proven performers . ie The Sportsman Show
Ya My buddy took $1500 hoping for a Hoyt Carbon Element. I had $350 hoping for a PSE Discovery 2. Ordered mine in #40 last night when I got home. Think internet must kill alot of events and stores. I know I spend 95 percent of my hunting money online.

Is it a problem when you go somewhere like that and u figure you have more at home than at a show?

LOL
The largest reason for the lack of vendors is that other shows are on elsewhere in the same time range and companies have been doing them for years and will not change for this one. If your a company that is open it works, but the sportsman show in Montreal starts on Thursday and I believe Ottawa has one in the same time range, so some have to get to them...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
TPM

Post by TPM »

Gone are the days when I go to these shows to shop. They simply aren't about that anymore. I go for the seminars and to talk to the different organizations ( DU, Pheasants Forever etc.) to find out first hand what they're up to. I'm also very much looking forward to the dog section, something that has been non-existant at the March show in recent years.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

The show was okay . I dragged Dad along and he spent time listening to me talk to different old acquaintances . Like our famous Uncle fester and youngbuck . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

We went and enjoyed it quite a bit! It wasn't as busy as the Sportsman's show which made it great for Ben. He got a chance to do some of the kids activities that are usually too lined up at the other show. Not a huge pile of vendors but we really enjoyed the show anyway.

If anyone from Kitchener is going please ask the NWTF booth for my pink turkey. I'd paid for it but hadn't received it. Didn't notice until I got home. They'll remember the woman that told them she was going to win their 3 barrel shotgun lottery. :D
Last edited by VixChix on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
dschnarr

Post by dschnarr »

I went to the show today with my son youngbuck. He had fun working at the GobbleStalker booth. He is going in the calling competition tomorrow. The hunting side was not to big. The fishing side was the busiest.
dschnarr

Post by dschnarr »

My son youngbuck1 won first place in the turkey calling competition today he was useing mouth calls from his booth from gobble stalker calls and is going to be in the ontario out doors magazine :)
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

BIG CONGRATS TO MIKE!!!!!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

Thank you :P it was my first ever comp and I can't wait for huntfest cause they entered me in it for that one as well Kevin said I did spectacular :) :D
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Way to go !! :)