What Do Your Licenses Cost?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CanuckBen

Re: What Do Your Licenses Cost?

Post by CanuckBen »

Sopchoppy wrote: Lifetime 13-50 yrs old.........1620 CRAZY!!!!
Lifetime 51-64 yrs old..........945 STILL CRAZY!!!
Crazy?!! I'd be running to their office to pay!!!

Say you pay when you're 18 y/o and you hit the dirt nap at 75, that's 57 years of possible hunting. So $1,620 / 57 = $28.42 per year!

Considering the fact that you're paying now and any future year's inflation cost isn't considered, it'll be even less than that as the years go by.

I see it like this - it's an investment. I'm paying $2,000 for a new rifle alone - no scope - but I see it as an investment for the long term.

I'd so GO FOR IT !!!
Last edited by CanuckBen on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

One thing I've noticed is that some of you folks have to buy different licenses for different weapons. Other than the state departments raking in more money, what's the reasoning for this?

Some other differences I've noticed between some of ya'll states/provinces and KY:
  • * Landowners in KY, hunting on their own land, don't pay anything for their licenses or tags. They just have to follow all of the restrictions associated with the seasons.
    * Senior/Disabled License in KY is $5 year but all of the different tags are free.
    * No Lifetime License :(
    * Deer/Turkey tags are over the counter, with no drawing involved. The only "draw" things we have are for the elk and the quota gun hunts for deer on the WMA's.
I'm sure there's a boat load of other differences as well. It just seems that some of the regs for other states are overly confusing. :? That's one thing that I will have to give KY credit for, ours are pretty simple...... Small game you need just a hunting license. Big game/turkeys, you need a hunting license and the deer/turkey/bear tag. Waterfowl = hunting license, state and federal waterfowl stamps. The WMA's are free to use and don't require any special permits (with the exception of a couple that aren't controlled by the KDFWR). Deer gun hunters have to enter drawings for the WMA's, but that's for safety reasons.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

nchunterkw wrote:In NC the Sportsman license costs $40, and runs on an annual basis from the day you buy it and includes the Big Game Permit which gets you 6 deer (4 can be antlered) 1 bear and 2 turkeys. It used to include 2 hogs but now they are free. Also gets you all inland fishing. From memory - I think if you add $35 that will give you all off-shore fishing as well. But the Big Game Harvest Permit runs out at the end of the season (Jan 1 usually). So if you don't plan properly (or move into the state late like I did) you can end up with a valid license and expired BG Permit and have to spend an extra $10. Bottom line is $40 -$50 will let you hunt alot of stuff. Coming from OH, I think this is a great deal.
Lifetime licenses (if you are 12 yrs old or older) are $500 - resident, $1000 non-resident, but that price gets cheaper the younger you are. Under 1 yr old, resident and non-resident lifetime licenses are $200, under 12 they are $350.
We do have some cheap licenses in our state I was fortunate enough to purchase my Life Time license at $300.00 before they went up to $500.00. We need some of the bigger some of these other areas have. I have been doing my part the last 3 years but it took me a long time to get there.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

CanuckBen wrote:
Sopchoppy wrote: Lifetime 13-50 yrs old.........1620 CRAZY!!!!
Lifetime 51-64 yrs old..........945 STILL CRAZY!!!
Crazy?!! I'd be running to their office to pay!!!

Say you pay when you're 18 y/o and you hit the dirt nap at 75, that's 57 years of possible hunting. So $1,620 / 57 = $28.42 per year!

Considering the fact that you're paying now and any future year's inflation cost isn't considered, it'll be even less than that as the years go by.

I see it like this - it's an investment. I'm paying $2,000 for a new rifle alone - no scope - but I see it as an investment for the long term.

I'd so GO FOR IT !!!
I was 18 in 1967, 45 years ago and did not live in Tennessee.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

wv sportsman 35 bucks
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

I think Tennessee's rationale for charging for different weapons is some guys only bow hunt, so they need a tag, some guys just gun hunt, so they need a tag, some just hunt with muzzleloader and need a tag. It's ok for "one weapon hunters", but for those of us who hunt with all 3, it's just more $$$$. One other "thing" here is you cannot shoot a doe with a rifle, doe season is only during archery and muzzleloader????
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Because of my age the license for fishing/hunting/big game is free here in North Carolina. I also bought lifetime licenses for my grandsons.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
rayman

Post by rayman »

I think some of these went up this year. I'll take a shot based on memory though:

Florida Resident

Freshwater and saltwater fishing - $32.50 ($17 for each seperately)
General Hunting - $17
Deer stamp - $5 (one stamp per year, not each deer)
Archery - $5
Muzzle - $5
Migratory Bird (doves) - free but must get stamp
Turkey - $10
Duck - ?
Management area - ? (some are quota draw and some aren't)

You can get them all except duck online for $3 fee.

I spend about $77.50 a year so they can mess up my opening morning turkey hunt and give me a dock sobriety test when I drank a cold beer on the way in from fishing. :)
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

i hunt non-resident NY it is $290 dollars supersportsman; when i started hunting there early 80s licsense was $43. it includes everything except bear tag $50 more ,fishing and doe tags included.i have a hunting camp in southern tier and am getting great pics of some nice buck ;just got my winter brassicas in a week ago they look a far cry better than the clovers i planted in the spring, it has been xtremely dry till about a week ago. good luck hunting everyone, oh ya they moved archery from 3rd sat.,to 1 oct. nice !!!!!!!!!!!
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Here in Ontario the seem to go up a few $$ every year.

Deer: Resident- $45.04 Non-Res- 224.66
Bear: Res- $45.04 NR- $224.66
Moose: Res- $52.31 NR- $449.58
Small Game: Res- $23.64 NR- $112.46 = township licence
Turkey: Res- $27.49 NR- ?

There's a few others but these are the main ones. Other than small game licence is good for one animal and then you need to purchase extra tags if available usually for the same fee as the first one.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Flswampwalker

Post by Flswampwalker »

In florida if you are over 65 an a resident of Florida, your fishing and hunting license is Free.

Hunting
Gold Sportsman's License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits)
$100.00

Military Gold Sportsman's License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits) (sold only at tax collector's office)
$20.00

Sportsman's License (includes Hunting and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl permits)
$80.50

Annual Hunting
$17.00 $79.00 Five year

Resident 64 or Older Sportsman's License (includes Freshwater Fishing and Hunting licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey, and Florida Waterfowl permits)
$13.50

Hunting/Freshwater Fishing Combination
$32.50
Hunting/Freshwater/Saltwater Fishing Combination
$48.00
Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing Certificate Free

Nonresident Hunting Licenses
Nonresident Annual Hunting $151.50

Nonresident 10-Day Hunting $46.50

Hunting Permits (Resident and Nonresident)
Annual
Residents on
Wildlife Management Area Permit
$26.50
$126.50 Five-Year
Deer Permit
$5.00 $25.00 Five-Year
Archery Permit
$5.00 $25.00 Five-Year
Muzzleloading Gun Permit
$5.00 $25.00 Five-Year
Turkey Permit (Resident)
$10.00 $50.00 Five-Year
Turkey Permit (Nonresident) $125.00

Florida Waterfowl Permit
$5.00 $25.00 Five-Year
Crossbow Permit
$5.00 $25.00 Five-Year
Migratory Bird Permit
Free*

Furbearer Trapping License
$26.50
Equinox
Axiom
Gold Tip IV
100 gr. Spitfires
FFF string
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

In WV I can get the Sportsman License for $35 that gives me one deer each with a bow (no crossbow) and a muzzleloader and one buck only with a rifle. You can get extra buck with each method for an $20 each. To shoot a doe or three with a rifle is also an extra $20 each. The screwy catch is you have to buy ALL of your extra tags before the beginning of the season.

About 95% of my hunting is a rifle shot away in Virginia as a non-resident. Here are tho$e fee$:
$111 basic license (small game)
$86 additional big game license(6 deer, no more than 3 bucks)
$31 for an archery stamp
$31 for a crossbow stamp
$31 for muzzleloader stamp
$31 for bonus tags (6 antlerless, purchase more as needed)
Total: $321

My kids hunt with me. They are 16 and 19. That totals $963 just for Virginia.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

hunting license in Fl is 17 dollars plus a 10 dollar turkey stamp. I hunt in Georgia and total cost for a non=resident is 300. If you want to hunt WMA (public land) add another 75. If you're gonna play, you gotta pay. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I only do archery hunting for deer.It costs me $24 and i get 1 buck,2 doe tags.Other doe tags cost me $2 each.I hunt in a herd control unit.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

Here in Maine depends on what you want to hunt and what you use for weapon:
Hunting (16 years and older) - $25.00
Small Game Hunting (16 years and older) - $14.00
Archery Hunting (16 years and older) - $25.00
Crossbow Hunting (16 years and older) - $25.00
Expanded Archery (16 years and older)
Antlerless Deer - $12.00
Antlered Deer - $32.00
Bear Permit (16 years and older) - $27.00
Coyote Night Hunting Permit (16 years and older) - $4.00
Migratory Waterfowl Hunting (16 years and older) - $7.50
Muzzleloading (16 years and older) - $13.00
Pheasant Hunting Permit (16 years and older) - $17.00
Turkey Permits (16 years and older)
Spring/Fall Turkey - $20.00
Second Spring Turkey - $20.00

A crossbow may not be used to hunt deer during the archery season on deer, muzzleloading season on deer, or the expanded archery season on deer.

Nonresident Hunting Licenses (Prices listed below do not include the agent fee.)
Combination Hunting & Fishing (16 years and older) - $149.00
Big Game Hunting (16 years and older) - $114.00
Small Game Hunting (16 years and older) - $74.00
3-day Small Game hunting (valid for 3 consecutive days) - $49.00
Junior Hunting (10 to 15 years) - $34.00
Archery Hunting (16 years and older) - $74.00
Crossbow Hunting (10 years and older) - $55.00
Expanded Archery (10 years and older)
Antlerless Deer - $12.00
Antlered Deer - $32.00
Bear Permit (10 years and older) - $74.00
November (Late Season) Bear Permit (10 years and older) - $40.00
Coyote Night Hunting Permit (16 years and older) - $4.00
Migratory Waterfowl Hunting (16 years and older) - $7.50
Muzzle-loading Permit (10 years and older) - $69.00
Pheasant Hunting Permit (16 years and older) - $17.00
Turkey Permits
Spring/Fall Turkey - $54.00
Second Spring Turkey - $20.00

Any-Deer Permits: An Any-Deer permit is required to hunt antlerless deer in the State of Maine during the firearm and muzzleloading seasons on deer. Any-Deer permits are drawn in a special lottery drawing. See any-deer for more information

Moose Permit: A moose permit is required in addition to a license that allows hunting of big game to hunt moose in the State of Maine. Moose permits are drawn in a special lottery drawing

Sorry but in Maine we even spend a lot of money just to go hunting. $50 to hunt deer with a crossbow than another $27 to try for bear than if still no luck another $13 for a Muzzle-loading Permit. Don't forget to add the pricing if you want to hunt Turkey or other birds. Plus large game needs to go to the tagging station which is another $5-$8 dollars. Only allowed 1 deer per season. :shock:
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks