Not real happy, just picked up the Equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Athena1

Re: Not real happy, just picked up the Equinox

Post by Athena1 »

awshucks wrote:Glad that you've apparently figured it out, hope it all works out for you.

Thanks!
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

Seems to me that every other mecanical part of the xbow has been ruled out, but the scope. That is of course if the xbow was shot w/o the scope and it still couldn't group.
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

CanuckBen wrote:Seems to me that every other mecanical part of the xbow has been ruled out, but the scope. That is of course if the xbow was shot w/o the scope and it still couldn't group.

Well the store owner told me that Dan said the Shadow scopes do this once in a while so they are betting on the scope, but if not he is going to send the bow back.

Look I am just happy it was not me, I was begging to think I couldn't shoot. But when I took my buddies Equinox and shafted the same bolts I was using in mine I was happy as hell! Then I was even more happier when he took my Equinox and was shooting bolts every place. When I say every place I do not mean 10" at 20 yards. I mean it is better than that, more like 3 or 4 inches at 20 yards, but to me that is junk and I know it is to all of you too.
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

hankenhunter wrote:I agree. I would be bitching if I was shooting that group at 50 yds never mind twenty.
Hank

Thank you!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

CanuckBen wrote: That is of course if the xbow was shot w/o the scope and it still couldn't group.
X2 . . . have you shot it without the scope? Only takes 5 minutes to take off the scope and add the pins.

Seemed like a good idea to me . . .two days ago. :roll: :lol:

Dan will fix you up regardless of the issue. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

sumner4991 wrote:
CanuckBen wrote: That is of course if the xbow was shot w/o the scope and it still couldn't group.
X2 . . . have you shot it without the scope? Only takes 5 minutes to take off the scope and add the pins.

Seemed like a good idea to me . . .two days ago. :roll: :lol:

Dan will fix you up regardless of the issue. 8)

I don't have the pins, was never given to me.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

If you were side by side with a bud it may not have been a bad idea to run his arrows through your bow.
When a scope fails it typically shows different signs, like a very distinct shift of the POI, not a small grouping issue.
I haven't read through the whole thread, but this issue can't be too complicated and I am sure a solution is very near.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

There can be an issue internally in the scope.
If a lens is loose or out of parallax you would be chasing poi forever.
Glad you got it sorted out.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

Ont_Excal wrote:There can be an issue internally in the scope.
If a lens is loose or out of parallax you would be chasing poi forever.
Glad you got it sorted out.
Well I took the scope off and shook it and I here a rattling in it, but that may be the batterie for the crosshair.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Well, I have never had a rattle in any of my optics.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

Ont_Excal wrote:Well, I have never had a rattle in any of my optics.
x2..something,s loose if it rattles..get it replaced and i bet she,s fixed
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Well I took the scope off and shook it and I here a rattling in it, but that may be the batterie for the crosshair.
I've never had a scope rattle either, but since this Excal scope is the first one I've had with batteries in it, and since its already off my bow I am shaking it right now, and NO noise. I think you found your problem.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

Put the new Shadow scope on last night and came home to see if this corrected the problem. I shot a few at 10, then went to 20 to zero it. I could tell as I was walking it to the bull that was was not going to shoot two bolts at a time because the scope adjustments were right where I adjusted it to. Few more shots and now I am zeroed at 20. Went to 30 and fired off a few there and adjusted the speed circle a bit, everything looks good so far. Went to 40 and figured I would be able to shoot at least two bolts here with out worrying about shafting one. Well I was wrong as hell! First shot at 40 was an inch high. Second shot at 40 was inside the first bolt at 40!! Moved out to 50 and it is perfect! Dropped the whole way back to 20 just to see if the speed ring did it's job and it it is right on! You can split bolts with this thing all day!

The other day when I split that bolt with my buddies Equinox I used the GT III and at 20 yards it just pushed the nock in about an inch and the other bolt fell to the ground,

Well I chose to go with the Firebolts instead of the GT after shooting my buddies the other night. Reason being is because they seemed more accurate at longer ranges than the GT III.

When I shafted the Firebolt at 40 it drove in I bet 7 inches so why did the GY penetrate an inch and fall to the ground? That is 20 yrd difference and yet it still seems as though the Firebolt hit harder.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Great to hear your problem is solved !!
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

Bullzeye wrote:Great to hear your problem is solved !!

Thanks!

There will be blood trails under my tree this year!

Let me tell you all a little why I am doing this. I gave up hunting about 13 years ago, just got bored of it.

Well this Jan 19 I was told I have a 5 cm mass in my right kidney and on Feb 3 my kidney was removed. It was clear cell carcinoma (cancer) So now I guess I am doing stuff so I am just not sitting around.

One more thing. Next time you see your spouse or your children, give them and extra big hug and a kiss and tell them you love them. Don't take anything for granted.