quad riding with Excaliber

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

varieurry

quad riding with Excaliber

Post by varieurry »

Can you run the back woods with a crossbow on you quad, drawn, but with no bolt in it. Similar to riding with my shotgut open, with no round? roly
taz3

Re: quad riding with Excaliber

Post by taz3 »

It's probably OK, unbolted, but for what it's worth, I would uncock my Xbow just to be safe. It's easy and quick enough to do.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Allan

Post by Allan »

It will also depend where you are. Some states/provinces will have different takes on this.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Pretty sure it needs to be encased before/after legal light, but otherwise good to go. Although to be truthful I dont like riding with mine cocked even without an arrow loaded in case something should happen but i have done it.

And a bow is not considered loaded until an arrow is nocked/inserted so you should be legal to transport that way.

Fill out your location in your profile to get a more accurate answer.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I've never transported my bow in the drawn position. Neither slung over my shoulder or on the atv.
I've seen others do it but it's not for me. These bows are just too powrful to take a chance.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

Roly,

The 1st thing you should clear up is where you're from...different location have different regulations and laws..
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
Bones

Post by Bones »

Have mine cocked, no bolt, while driving around on the front of my quad for years with no issues yet. When we were stopped a few years back the CO's had no problem with it .
Bones
varieurry

Post by varieurry »

Thanks guys. Just love this forum, people who care about the sport. I'm in 45B and I'm getting my Ibex in May. I'm short so this is my choice. At 67 hoping to start a new thrill in my life and putting away my powder stuff.
roly I'll chek with the powers.