Thinking of .....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Re: Thinking of .....

Post by TPM »

wheelie wrote:
tman74 wrote:This may sound a little silly but how about a bird and trout knife? Would be unique...
Crow and Carp knife would be good. :wink: :wink: Same knife for birds and fish? Didn't know that. Have to try my fish knife on a bird in the fall.

VixChix likes to pick winners DaGriz. She would likely help u out.
Wheelie, the idea of a "trout and bird" knife has actually been around for a long time. Fly fishing for trout and upland bird hunting have gone hand in hand for the last 150 years as the "gentleman outdoorsman" pursuits. There are still a lot of people who pursue these in the traditional way. I would but tweed makes me itch when I sweat.
Here's one of my favourite "trout and bird" knives. They're typically a smaller knife with a slendor blade.

http://www.grohmannknives.com/pages/r2s.html
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

1st off, I'm not in a drawing for a Dagriz, only because I've got a few inc these two:

Mine is on the top, Chris's on the bottom.

I'd caution you on the "not allowed to draw"requirements. That's just asking for trouble. I'm basically a one for all type. :mrgreen:

I'd start a new thread w/ a simple 'I'm in' and let the chips fall as they may.
"Eze 18:21"
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

top knife would be the best knife for all around use
Darrel that should be the one for a give away
Tenpoint Matrix
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

have a post and get people to say what hunting means to them and the best story wins and maybe a smaller knife something nice still but its ultimately up to you :D
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

As much as I would love a hand crafted knife, the idea of it going to a youngster is a great.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

i think the post thing of telling why hunting is important to you is a really good idea :) lol you get to know why people do it
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
bugs

Post by bugs »

I had to have my old posts deleted :( I was over 1000 but had issues with someone off the forum.

I already have a DaGriz so I wouldnt go in anyway. I think it should be a minimum join date and to anyone who has not won before.

but I say do a fillet knife! I used the one you made to butcher my deer and it was wonderful, nothing else came close to it. Good for butchering and fishing.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

awshucks wrote:1st off, I'm not in a drawing for a Dagriz, only because I've got a few inc these two:

Mine is on the top, Chris's on the bottom.

I'd caution you on the "not allowed to draw"requirements. That's just asking for trouble. I'm basically a one for all type. :mrgreen:

I'd start a new thread w/ a simple 'I'm in' and let the chips fall as they may.
If your willing to give it away it shouldnt matter who wins and how many times they have posted but i see some that has 3 post and 2 of their post is IM IN to win something ...with that said i feel both views and opinions of why there should be rules and limits to a contest. :wink:
bugs

Post by bugs »

I think it matters how long someone has been here only for the fact some post 20 times then never come back. Some stay for good like us but some kind of lurk or get a little info and leave.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I think forum members should earn a chance at a reward.
A ten year member with 10 posts 3 years ago means little to this forum today.

For that matter post a physical address where people can send a postcard.
At the contest date pull a postcard and verify membership.
See how many will enter when they have to pay postage and it isn't totally free.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Silver_Fox

Post by Silver_Fox »

Darrel.

It's great to have you back. However you decide to handle it is okay. After all you are the one putting in the time and effort to make the knife and giving it away.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A custom fish knife would be a real treat for the eyes!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wayne

Post by wayne »

DaGriz ...... Seeing you asked, my opinion would be, it's your money & time in building a knife, you make the contest & pick the winner anyway you like, and it "SHOULD" be just fine with everyone. And if someone has a problem with it....maybe they should take a good, long, look at what kind of a person they have become. IMO

As for the youngster thing, I think it's a GREAT idea, I like seeing youngsters like youngbuck1 & GooGoos, & others showing a love of hunting. I would chip in a few dollars to help you offset the cost for a youngster's knife, & I think maybe a few others would also...Just a thought.

As for what kind of knife....maybe something between you & the winner can figure out.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

TPM wrote:
wheelie wrote:
tman74 wrote:This may sound a little silly but how about a bird and trout knife? Would be unique...
Crow and Carp knife would be good. :wink: :wink: Same knife for birds and fish? Didn't know that. Have to try my fish knife on a bird in the fall.

VixChix likes to pick winners DaGriz. She would likely help u out.
Wheelie, the idea of a "trout and bird" knife has actually been around for a long time. Fly fishing for trout and upland bird hunting have gone hand in hand for the last 150 years as the "gentleman outdoorsman" pursuits. There are still a lot of people who pursue these in the traditional way. I would but tweed makes me itch when I sweat.
Here's one of my favourite "trout and bird" knives. They're typically a smaller knife with a slendor blade.

http://www.grohmannknives.com/pages/r2s.html
Wow, cool knifes, thanks for info. Learned something I did not know.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

No matter which way the draw is done I am out, thank you. I already have one of those beautiful knifes. Thank you DaGriz.
Raymond