Old model Axiom questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

houser52

Old model Axiom questions

Post by houser52 »

I went into the local shop today to pick up some vanes and saw that they still have a "new" old style Axiom crossbow with the aluminum rail. It's priced at $539 but they should do some dealing.
Can anyone comment on this model? What's it really worth?

I really don't need it but if I could get it at a good price it might make a good xbow to play with.

Thanks
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
wolv1001

Re: Old model Axiom questions

Post by wolv1001 »

That is the version of the axiom I shoot and like it a lot.It's basically a phoenix with no dissipator bars.(more or less) I would think that $450-$500 range would be more in line price wise.
houser52

Post by houser52 »

wolv1001 wrote:That is the version of the axiom I shoot and like it a lot.It's basically a phoenix with no dissipator bars.(more or less) I would think that $450-$500 range would be more in line price wise.
Thanks wolv,
I called the dealer and he said I could get it for about $450+tax. You were right on the money.
I already have a Vortex. Is there much of a difference between the two other than draw weight?

houser
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

Not to much difference as far as weight(physical) ,stock style becomes personal preference I like the traditional stock over thumb hole but that's just me. Either way it's a winner (it's an excal!) and somewhat of a collectors bow as they only made that version of the axiom for one year,go buy it!