A Happy News Personal Thread.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

A Happy News Personal Thread.

Post by wheelie »

This will be different. Have alot of downer things the past few months so lets hear your happy news.

I will start.

Out Of Doors Magazine is coming to Meaford for a story and a photo shoot about Bowfishing. Check your future issues. :) :)
masboy

Re: A Happy News Personal Thread.

Post by masboy »

that,s great! hope they get a picture of you with some fish and not one of you in handcuffs sitting in the cruiser!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Well, good for you wheelie. You sure are a carp sticken machine. Hope to read about you in a magazine soon. :D
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

masboy wrote:that,s great! hope they get a picture of you with some fish and not one of you in handcuffs sitting in the cruiser!
Had another episode two weeks ago over suckers on a closed river for rainbow trout. Thought I was shooting trout. Carp season opened this morning. Sucks when work interfears with opening day! LOL
Walkin

Post by Walkin »

After a much too long time away from my love of the outdoors/hunting and a year and a half recovery from a motorcycle accident, I went out for my first day of bear hunting this past Thursday and was met by these two in the parking lot:

...so after getting my pack ready....

...I got to enjoy this...

AWESOME
maple

Post by maple »

Happy news? I've got some.

The son and I went trout fishing and got 10 dandy brook trout.

I also had the opportunity to catch a Quebec Red trout, which is a landlocked arctic char. Hard to come by in these parts. They call them blueback trout in the NE states. Too many people around here mistakenly call any 'ol brook trout from Quebec a Quebec red.

frisky

Post by frisky »

May 2, got my wife out of the hospital. :D Shoulder replacement her second, had one last year.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Big school of carp moved into harbour out of the lake today. I was there waiting on them when I seen the mud boiling. Good to get the season started. Shot this one from shore with my new custom made bow. 21.10 pounds. Trout fisherman are digging me! LOL
masboy

Post by masboy »

that,s a big old carp can,t wait till they start spawning here around the end of this month and I will be done chasing turkeys by then. I thought about a big closed face reel but don,t know how they would work with heavy line I,m already tired of winding line on my hand spool while practicing.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

masboy wrote:that,s a big old carp can,t wait till they start spawning here around the end of this month and I will be done chasing turkeys by then. I thought about a big closed face reel but don,t know how they would work with heavy line I,m already tired of winding line on my hand spool while practicing.
That reel is a Shakespeare Synergy TI 20. It is made for bowfishing and cost under $30. I have #200 fast flight bowfishing line. Don't want to go heavier because if I forget to press the button I want string to break. I like it better than my Zebco 808 bowfisher reel. It also has #200 FF line.

I never practise, I just shoot at fish. Had that bow for 3 months and never shot it once till today at fish.
masboy

Post by masboy »

I go down an practice alot but can,t shoot near as far with this recurve as I did with my compound years ago I use to make some good long shots years ago. My son shoots a Hoyt 60lb compound for fish an has no problem not getting his arrows out of the bottom so I,m going to get serious about my fishing and get me a vixen11 and rig it up and it will be deadly with a sight . I,ll make a bowholder in my boat to hang it on so it will not get all beat up . going to call Danny and order one soon been wanting one anyway.will have one rigged by spawning time I hope!