O/T wood working project

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ottawacats

O/T wood working project

Post by ottawacats »

Well this might be different for some of you. I collect diecast cars (hotwheels/matchbox etc.....) For years I have collect a diecast brand called Kustomcity EVO by Dave Chang. Last year while at a conv (yes a conv for diecast) I saw a custom that someone had built in aprox 1/10 or 1/18 scale. So since then I have wanted to built my own, but since Christmas that was put on hold due to my fathers health. My father battled cancer since 1993 and past away on June 3 this year. So I figured now would be a goodtime to do this project to show him I can still do body work even if it is on a smaller scale. So enjoy the photos of what I have some far.

the Kustomcity EVO is aprox 1:50 scale mine is aprox 1:10 scale (26")

roughly shaped out

I'm hoping to have the body work done by this weekend and then transfer it in to a fiberglass mold.

Oh here is afew photos of what my father spent his last 10-12 years built and showing off.

A true 1970 340 auto panther pink Plymouth Cuda. It now has a built 360 but we added A/C so my mom can drive it around town in comfort.

matt
agingcrossbower

Re: O/T wood working project

Post by agingcrossbower »

First off I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Secondly, what an usual an interesting hobby. Keep us updated. Really Cool!
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

ottawacats,
So sorry to hear about your father. Love the cars, both of them. Keep us updated on yours
Crispy
Boo

Post by Boo »

Your mom drives a Cuda?? :shock:
LOL! All joking aside, good for her! Bet she feels cool driving the beast. :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Nice build, Sorry to hear of your Fathers passing,,, :( please keep us in touch with your build,,, :D Nice Cuda, :wink:

Dave :D
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Matt,
First off, I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Nice idea and a nice thing to do in memory of your Dad. Nice job your Dad did on that Cuda, thanks for showing us all the photos.
Raymond
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's a sweet looking Cuda there! Very nice indeed! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I am very sorry to hear of your Fathers passing. He built a great looking car, and I would say that he succeded in doing what a father wants to do most: pass down his skills. Nice work man. Dont think I could do that. I would love to see some pics when its done.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

Thank you all for the kind words. I really havent done much autobody work in about 10 or more years. I was in that trade when I was 17 to about 20 but spent the last 12 years or so doing marine parts dept. I will post up some more photo's on the weekend of the progress.

matt
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

Here are some more photos, I got most of the shaping/filling/sanding done. I do have some bodylines/details to add before fiberglass takes place.

I just a black marker for a guide for the body lines I need to add

So hopefully in afew days time I can start the fiberglass mold process to make the shell.

Matt