Excal's Super String???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lswoody

Excal's Super String???

Post by lswoody »

Saw this string mentioned in another post and was wondering if it produced faster speeds than the flemish string and if so how much more speed??? Also what is the cost??? Thanks!!!!!
Proverbs 3:5-6
Dash

Re: Excal's Super String???

Post by Dash »

The cost was only 1-2 bucks extra on ebay for flemish. I didn't notice extra speed, but for me they lasted longer than the Excel strings, stronger loops, and looked cooler 8) . I used to reserve them 2 extra times before tossing them. So they are good value for your money. Being made of dacron they can handle a dryfire well too.
Last edited by Dash on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

No on faster and about $14 from Miller.............
"Eze 18:21"
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

I thought Flemish was the super string. What are the strings available and what are the differences?
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
Dash

Post by Dash »

The most common 3 you'll hear of are ...

Excel - supplied by excalibur. (Dacron material) Endless loop style. distinguished by the serving around the loops. Theres 2 types to suit moulded and carved tip limbs.

Flemish super string - Supplied by excal. (Also Dacron material) Looks like the one in my avatar. No serving on the loops, and has a braided look about it.

Fast flight- material is used to make endless loop and flemish style strings like FFF. Like the name says, it will give you more speed, but the trade off is noise and vibration.

There is also a long list of performance materials that you will hear about in the custom made strings. But the main thing you need to remember, is that like the fast flight they do not have the forgiving stretch that the excalibur "Dacron Material"strings have. So a dryfire is a lot more likely to stuff your limbs with these faster/stronger materials.
Last edited by Dash on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

There are actually four Excalibur strings. Danny Miller makes 'em all and they are on his price list,and all are 15.00 now,way too cheap for the quality you are getting. There is an "endless dacron", an' endless excel",a "flemish dacron", and a "flemish dyneema". The flemish dacron is the "super string" and the flemish dyneema is the" FFF".Danny doesnt list model numbers and Excaliburs catalog doesnt list all four strings!I think maybe this is why this is all clear as mud.
The "Super String" (flemish dacron) is a great string that I like much, but not a hi-performance string compared to the FFF.Being flemish it does have some virtues over an endless loop though.I bought my first "Super String" for an old carved tip exocet and liked it so well that Coltons vixen now wears one.
And...... It's worth ordering one of these from Danny just to get to talk to him. His prices are also cheaper than anyone on e-bay by quite a bit for his strings.Hope this helped and cleared the water a bit and I didnt just stir the pot.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

2097 is Flemish Dacron string. Flemish & Endless Loop are 2 diff styles/types of strings. You can build both styles with a dz diff materials
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

Thanks for the info!!!!!!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

awshucks wrote:No on faster and about $14 from Miller.............
So the stock excel string (# 1994) that cost me $25 here, I can get across the border from Danny Miller for only $14 ??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

$15 apparently...........
"Eze 18:21"
rej

Post by rej »

Changed string on my Vortex from factory endless lopp to Excalibur FFF and experienced the truths I see posted here. More noise and vibration and definitely faster. POI moved up <> 1-1/4". Adjusted speed setting on Shadow Zone and back on center. I too was a little confused about string selection as advertised. BTW, the Excalibur FFF goes for 26.95 in Edmonton, AB at a well known "wholesale" supplier.

The solution to increased noise and buzz was easy. Installed the S5 kit and things toned down nicely. Dissapator was already on this xbow. I set breakspace as close as possible without touching bumper pads. chose this because on Boo's site there is a link to some very interesting slow motion film showing string release and recovery at idle position. I noticed ther is a lateral ripple as string comes to rest. Setting string as close as possible should stop all motion in shortest time and give best life on bumper pads. I really enjoy this forum because I learn so much from all the excellent resources and comments on here.
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

So which one is the best and has the most speed???
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

lswoody wrote:So which one is the best and has the most speed???
Best is different from one to another depending on needs...fastest is the excalibur fff.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
strum

Post by strum »

lswoody wrote:So which one is the best and has the most speed???
those are two loaded questions..
i think dash stated that the FFF was a bit faster..
you have to decide if your looking for speed ,longivity, preformance or all the above..
the truth is they all are great strings..i have one or two of each and couple of Boo's and some test strings too..i would not be afraid to hunt or target shoot with any one of them. some are louder some are faster some creep more than others..but every one of them shoot solid..
the best thing you ..or any one of us for that matter can do is learn to reserve. that way youll get real familiar with each of your strings and begin to get a feel for what you want the most..oh and more than that ..shoot shooot shoot..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16