Judo points leave lasting impressions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mcgyvermark

Judo points leave lasting impressions

Post by mcgyvermark »

I tried out a Zwickey Judo point this evening. Two water bottles were eviscerated and the sod was aerated and the arrow was stopped as advertized. I was quite impressed. The carbon shaft was also quite impressed where the spring arms were slapped back on impact thus scoring both the aluminum insert and the carbon shaft.

I can already see a hairline crack forming and suspect that arrow is already compromised. Any suggestions how to help prevent this? I was thinking that a small washer that has an OD larger than the arrow/insert might spare the arrow from being flogged. The package with the points said that one Judo point would outlast a hundred arrows, but I didn't suspect that the points would be the cause of the arrows' demise.
Exocet
S5
Farmer

Re: Judo points leave lasting impressions

Post by Farmer »

fy6Maybe adding a small metal washer slightly larger than the shafts od . It would limit the amount of travel the spring arms have .
Boo

Post by Boo »

Try the Zwickey Small Game Getters, also known as
Zwickey Scorpios Broadhead Stoppers with a field point. They slide up the shaft on impact.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mcgyvermark

Post by mcgyvermark »

hankenhunter wrote: Zwickys will go through and drag all kinds of interesting guts out the other side. Cup end blunts kill with a shock wave followed by the blunt itself.
Hank
I thought that the spring arms could make a real mess of things with anything but a head shot. How well do the Saunder's points stop an arrow in case of a miss? The spring arms on the Zwickey stop the arrow with a few feet of scraping up a clod of dirt (at least that is what happened in my extensive testing of two shots :wink:)
Exocet
S5
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Grappler tip: If you shoot new GT L II's get the 21/64's version for 200 and 225# bows, don't ask me how I know, lol......................
"Eze 18:21"