Would I gain anything by--------

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the elf

Would I gain anything by--------

Post by the elf »

updating my dropzone scope on my old Vixen? I have already gone from carved limb tips; and I am wondering if the Varizone scope would be worth the expense ? I do not want anything with batteries.Should I maybe just go back to the Peep& Pin ? This old bow surprised me and I am finding that it is getting used more than my Exocet 200. Easier for this 70 year old body to use.Thanks .-------Alonzo.
awshucks

Re: Would I gain anything by--------

Post by awshucks »

How does the Drop Zone shoot? My favorite Excal scope is the Vari-zone.............If you choose to swap them out, shop for a used one, remember the life time warranty..........
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I would keep yer dropzone on it as long as its workin good. Nutten to really be gained on a 30/35 yd crossbow
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I bought a dropzone to put on my carved tip Exocet 'cause I figured thats is what they would have had at the time it was made.It doesnt have a speed dial like the varizone but I have been really pleased with the scope, its pretty dern bright and clear as a bell. I dont really see much to be gained changing out scopes if yours is still working as should.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I have never used a Drop Zone but I really like the Varizone with the Speed Dial. If you don't won't to turn on the illuminated reticle that wouldn't be an issue. I hardly ever cut mine on only maybe to show someone. The scope is clear right at legal shooting light anyway.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hester0305 wrote:I have never used a Drop Zone but I really like the Varizone with the Speed Dial. If you don't won't to turn on the illuminated reticle that wouldn't be an issue. I hardly ever cut mine on only maybe to show someone. The scope is clear right at legal shooting light anyway.
Hey bud, you don't have a V-zone either, lol. The rets don't light up on the V-zone.............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
fender

Post by fender »

I have the shadow zone and take the battries out after the season even though I continue to shoot it. I'm afraid theses battries will leak, if left in year round, as they have in other devises. The lighted reticle is a nice option when needed.
2012 Vortex /Shadow-Zone
GT laser II / Spitfire 100g
Wyvern string
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
- Benjamin Franklin