Has anyone tried the Plano Manta crossbow case?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

epd1102

Has anyone tried the Plano Manta crossbow case?

Post by epd1102 »

I have ordered an Excalibur Exomax from my local dealer and I'd like to get a good case for it. They only had soft cases for it. I saw the Plano Manta crossbow case on the Wal-Mart web site. Has anyone tried this case? Does it work for an Excalibur recurve crossbow? Is it a pretty good case? Wal-Mart lists it for $72 with free shipping to a local store.
Thanks
Mo wannabe

Re: Has anyone tried the Plano Manta crossbow case?

Post by Mo wannabe »

I have two of them and like them. Plenty of room for xbow and all the extras!
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
rej

Post by rej »

Hi. I got a good double rifle case as I found regular case to bulky and clumsy. You can remove the riser from an Excalibur and when reinstalled the point of impact does not change. Did this several times to be sure. Check cases carefully as some are poor quality. Got one made by Browning called the bruiser. Lots of room for riser, stock/rail, small tools and accessories. Cut out some of the foam and used the plastic holders from Excalibur firebolt six pack boxes and can safely pack 12 arrows in there too. I unstring the bow for transport but many say you don't have to. Everything is sandwiched in foam and protected by a hard shell. Enjoy your new xbow.
epd1102

Post by epd1102 »

Thanks for the info guys. I like the idea is using a regular rifle case but I'd hate to have to take the riser off every time I leave the woods. I think I kind of like that idea for off-season storage though.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Thats a good price, they are $100 over here. I have that case and it is very sturdy, and holds plenty but since its so big I am now thinking I would have been better off with the soft case. If you have a big car or especially a pick-up they are great, but if you have a small car like I do, it takes up a lot of space.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Yea I forgot to mention the size of them they are big and bulky but I have a truck so it don't bother me. I grab my case and I know I got everything I need
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Flswampwalker

Post by Flswampwalker »

I like the idea of the double rifle case. It would be more space reducing that having the large soft case. I have the padded soft case now.
Equinox
Axiom
Gold Tip IV
100 gr. Spitfires
FFF string
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

Well I had one for a day, my wife and kids it for me for fathers day. I loaded my bow in to it and it just fit in the trunk of my car, so we went back and traded it for the Excal Deluxe T-Form Padded Case. I now can get my gear and bow in the trunk of my car. The case is very well built but just the size limited me so I went to a soft case.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's a great price. Is that a US or Canadian Walmart?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

i have 2 manta's and so far, they have been great. there just big and bulky.. but
ya can't hava cold 6pack now and expect to have it later :shock:
ya know... kinda like tha cake thing :wink:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
cowfish

Post by cowfish »

I took the excalibur soft sidre case n glued in some moe foam specificly the mattress egg grating n it works great really gives it alot more protection n a better fit did't like the way it moved around in there.plus it puffed it up more like a hard case.
epd1102

Post by epd1102 »

j.krug wrote:That's a great price. Is that a US or Canadian Walmart?
That price was on the American Wal-mart web site. You would have to check the Canadian Wal-Mart web site to see what your prices would be. Like I said, it includes free shipping to a local Wal-Mart, at least it did on the American web site.
I've only been to Canada once. I was in Detroit, Michigan for a military conference and went across the border just to say that I'd been to Canada. I had an archery target made of layered foam in the back of my truck. When I came back into America, they cut the metal bands off the foam and it un-compressed in the back of my truck :( It was a real mess. I learned not to take an archery target into Canada :)