Summit Titan SD Climbing Tree Stand:

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Re: Summit Titan SD Climbing Tree Stand:

Post by R.J. »

They are comfy ! ... easy to nap in !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

ger34 wrote:
vortex wrote:I have a Summit Goliath, and if the Titan is anything like mine you will love it. Cons: falling asleep!! :lol:
Oh I hear that!!

Love my summit Viper however common sense is in play here...1 mistake I made was climbing 25' up a Poplar/Aspen tree in -20C weather.... I was warm.. I was dry and I was comfortable....just sitting up there enjoying the peace and tranquility... that is until my seat portion decided to drop 3/4".... I guess the teeth on the stand don't dig into a frozen Poplar well.... so I dropped 3/4"....which when you are totally relaxed and comfortable and up 25' feels like you dropped 15'..... now I'm sweating... my pants are full and I'm all tensed up.... time to go home

Moral?

make sure the tree you climb is soft enough for the teeth to dig into....I'm 215lbs and I thought I had set those teeth in well.... nope
Do you put the "T" buckle strap around the top half of the climber? The strap should stop it form doing that but the Stabilizer straps are much better.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
ger34

Post by ger34 »

Do you put the "T" buckle strap around the top half of the climber? The strap should stop it form doing that but the Stabilizer straps are much better.

Bob
Honestly Bob... I don't have a clue what you are referring to so likely I didn't have it in place! lol

All I can think of is there is a piece of light rope attaching bottom frame to top frame... but it's never tight enough....

you can PM me to explain the "T" strap more if you like

Thanks!!
Summit Viper SS
Exocet 200
Gold Tip Laser II
4" vanes
100gr G5 Montecs
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

ger34 wrote:

Bob
Honestly Bob... I don't have a clue what you are referring to so likely I didn't have it in place! lol

All I can think of is there is a piece of light rope attaching bottom frame to top frame... but it's never tight enough....

you can PM me to explain the "T" strap more if you like

Heck don't pm I don't know either

Thanks!!
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
singram

Post by singram »

I saw some comments re: cable wrapping and rusted cables. Try this... go to your local marine shop and buy some shrink wrap, used for marine electrical application.

lightly lube the cable, apply the shrink wrap and them heat it up to shrink it.

Worked like a charm for me.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

R.J. wrote:They are comfy ! ... easy to nap in !
Used my viper three times so far and snoozed each time they are comfy for sure!!!! :mrgreen:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I own 2 summit 180. Very nice stand,and can sit in either direction. It's a pine tree climbing machine. :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String