Are tags still available?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

Are tags still available?

Post by ch312 »

I was going to skip this season, but had a change of heart. Are archery tags for bucks only still available to buy in Ontario?

If additional anterless tags are available in my WMU, can I purchase one or are additional antlerless tags only available to those who applied for the draw in the summer?
NewGuy

Re: Are tags still available?

Post by NewGuy »

What area? Additionals in 80 are sold out.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

91 is out too.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Let me know what area and I'm going in on Monday, I can either post here or text you whether they have some.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

ch312 wrote:I was going to skip this season, but had a change of heart. Are archery tags for bucks only still available to buy in Ontario?

If additional anterless tags are available in my WMU, can I purchase one or are additional antlerless tags only available to those who applied for the draw in the summer?
You can buy an Ontario buck tag any time.
For additional doe tags, just call the service Ontario center for your area and have your outdoors card in hand.
They can give you all the info you need over the phone.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Ont_Excal wrote:
ch312 wrote:I was going to skip this season, but had a change of heart. Are archery tags for bucks only still available to buy in Ontario?

You can buy an Ontario buck tag any time.
For additional doe tags, just call the service Ontario center for your area and have your outdoors card in hand.

Sounds like the way to go right there. :wink:
They can give you all the info you need over the phone.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
ch312

Post by ch312 »

update:

you can use the service ontario website to buy additional tags and it shows you which areas still have tags available. from what i saw there are no additional tags for the southern 80-90 WMU's.
Cryon

Post by Cryon »

Is there a website link to the service ontario extra tag page?
Thank you.
Exocet 165
Vixen Deluxe
Shadow Zone
Ibex SMF
Boo Custom Strings
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
DanO

Post by DanO »

No tags left for zone 80. I think they ran out right before the slug season. Not to highjack the thread but are the numer of tags down? I'm sure this has been discussed so I apologize for a repeat question.
I shot a deer during the gun hunt assuming I could purchase another tag for the rest of the archery hunt. Guess I should have done some homework first. :oops:
Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

can't do it over internet or ph( was much earier ) you have to go in to a service ont site to buy additional tags

If you have not purchased a lic yet you are entitled to a buck tag for any WMU archery only as rifle season is done and too late to get in on a controlled hunt

Good luck in your efforts the rut is on so get out there quick
Tenpoint Matrix
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Cryon wrote:Is there a website link to the service ontario extra tag page?
Thank you.
they removed the additional deer tag option today or yesterday, but here's a link to the site where you can renew outdoors card and buy licenses online. you need to put in your info to sign in and one of the pages will show you which tags are available to you.

https://www2.on.wildlifelicense.com/custlkup.php?lang=
DanO wrote:No tags left for zone 80. I think they ran out right before the slug season. Not to highjack the thread but are the numer of tags down?
this link shows the number of tags available per WMU this season and yes, there are less tags than recent years from what i see.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume ... 097695.pdf

Dereck wrote:can't do it over internet or ph( was much earier ) you have to go in to a service ont site to buy additional tags
i'm not sure what would have happened if i processed the order, but i was one click away from buying an additional tag for a random WMU. even if it wouldn't have worked, the website was still showing which areas had additional tags available which is easier than calling.