Review - HHA Optimizer Speed Dial

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cooterdog

Re: Review - HHA Optimizer Speed Dial

Post by cooterdog »

Masboy wrote:it,s ok if you have time and can see the marks on the dial but not for me for hunting . the more I have to think about when hunting the more I screw up!!!!!! I try to think of only two things when shooting at a deer. how far is it and where to hold !!!!!
I hear ya on that one. I like to be able to zoom in like with variable power. The crossbow scopes aren't alowing that. Any variable will work if I can find a good one.
Excalibur Equinox
Standard Firebolts
150grain slicks
JRT hunting partner
(coming soon)
HHA Opimizer
Redfield 2-7
EZ Fletch Bolt
Blazers
IronNoggin

Re: Review - HHA Optimizer Speed Dial

Post by IronNoggin »

VixChix wrote:There was another more recent thread on this... snoop around the forum.
True That VixChix. :wink:

But...

This is just the kind of report I was looking for. I plan on doing a LOT of target shooting between now and next hunting season, and have been strongly considering switching out my optic set-up from the Lumi-Zone to a 50mm Rifle Scope (Pa is currently looking for a deal on a Leopold Stateside...) and the HHA Optimizer...

I will of course keep the current set-up, and depending on what I find with the new system, may or may not re-mount it for next fall. I spend a fair amount of time in a stand, and can easily see it working well in that situation. Uncertain how it would perform in the spot 'n stalk situations which I employ almost equally to the stand. Testing will tell...

To the OP Joystyx, THANKS for the review! Definitely has tipped the balance in my thinking as whether to go this route or not.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."