wraps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

wraps

Post by jody5252 »

to research and development department... :P to wrap or not to wrap?? anyone tinker with wraps? other than wear and tear of the wraps, shot after shot. will it effect accuracy or cause any loss of velocity? would arrow weight and foc be effected that much? main reason to do so, is to "try" to get a glimpse of arrow flight and help with locating arrows after the shot,(when hunting) without using tracer nocks. thanks...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
diesel

Re: wraps

Post by diesel »

I use a can of spray paint and paint the last 5" to 7" of the shaft . If I paint and add some cresting it will add about 7 gr. to the back of the shaft. Yes that does take away from the FOC but I plan that when I build the arrows.
Paint cost less than wraps and easy to remove.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Someone else posted on another thread that having pretty arrows were only for impressing your friends. I hafta mostly agree. Keep em simple,I say. Nice smooth black carbon shaft with some blazers and a lumenok. The deer will never see it coming. :lol: :lol:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

thanks upsman... I like to keep it simple as possible to.i use wraps on my vert bow arrows... however, main purpose here is to help see the arrow without tracers, yeah wraps do make them look good. accuracy is the most important issue here, but they go so fast, cannot see them without tracers... just wondering if anyone tried them on x-bow arrows...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Have experimented with both wraps and sprayed on cresting. The pretty effect was certainly there but so was the PITA. The rail tends to mess up both after only several shots. And both have to be removed just to replace even one vane.
Now use lighted nocks (Firenock) for early and late hunting and florescent vanes on my arrow. The flo. vanes glow in the dark, under black light, facilitating finding them as well.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I agree wid Cossack, i have tried both & dang mess to clean up after half dz shots. I jus dazzle the deer wid me FL. Blasers! :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Now i have wraps on some custom arrows and there fine! but if i got more arrows i wouldn,t bother going with wraps!just my 2 cents :)
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

they are fine for hunting because they do help for recovery and line of site,as far as foc is concerned out to 50yrds i see no impact difference. butt like stated earlier wraps do not make a very strong bond for your vanes, they tend to pull the wrap off where thier attached when you bury em in targets ect; heck of a mess to clean. i just wrap up my four best flying arrows and use for game only, one has a luminoc for early and late hunting hours.
hope that helps you some. :|
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.