Leupold or Nikon for Matrix??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Re: Leupold or Nikon for Matrix??

Post by Hunt it »

Yoop,

I own 5 Leupold rifle scopes and know the quality of them. Warranty service is top notch also. I opted for the cross bones and will look at the new Hawke once it's been put to the test.

Wes, I did try a normal rifle scope on one of my Excalibers few years back. like you say simple and less clutter is good. For the new Matrix I'm wanting a few additional ref points to see how it can perform at longer distances. Thanks for all input.
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

The XB30 does work perfectly on the Matrix 380. The speed ring will cover the actual Matrix speed if you are using 400 gr+ arrows. My 20,30,40,50 & 60 are right where they should be with the ring set at 350fps.
I was very unsure about using the XB30 with the 380 because speed ring will not go that high until I actually got the bows true speeds with the arrows I use.
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
sportsman70003

Post by sportsman70003 »

I checked out the Redfield Revenge and it is worth a Look plus it has a $40 mail in rebate going on right now...
Suppressor 400 TD
Dragon Claw Arrows
Ravntek Broadheads
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Hunt it wrote:Yoop,

I own 5 Leupold rifle scopes and know the quality of them. Warranty service is top notch also. I opted for the cross bones and will look at the new Hawke once it's been put to the test.
I own 10 Leupold's one pistol, one rimfire the others on centerfire rifle and of course one Leupold shotgun/muzzleloader scope on my Excalibur Equinox.

I had the Shadow-Zone scope, but the reticle was too busy and had poor light gathering characteristics.

I wanted a single crosshair set dead-on at 25 yards, so I can hold on hair from 0-30 yards with no worries.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

sportsman70003 wrote:I checked out the Redfield Revenge and it is worth a Look plus it has a $40 mail in rebate going on right now...
Last time I was at Cabelas they had three in the Bargain Cave for 119.00. For that they are sure a nice scope