Black Eagle Arrows ... Zombie Slayers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XcaliburFX

Black Eagle Arrows ... Zombie Slayers

Post by XcaliburFX »

Got a dozen on the way first of the week. These things are 25% stiffer and 25% stronger than the Executioners while almost maintaining the same GPI, only an increase of .1 GPI.

Here's and 80yd grouping with the Zombie Slayer Prototypes made by Jason Wilkins of BEA from their facebook page Image not a bad grouping at all for that distance.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
Excal1

Re: Black Eagle Arrows ... Zombie Slayers

Post by Excal1 »

Hmmm. might be "needing" a couple dozen
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

But what I need are more of your strings and some Zombie Slayers. Now to just convince the wife :shock:
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

Post by newbie »

Ya i have a couple dozen on the way to try out. Never know when the apocalypse will arrive!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

Lol, so true. Will need alot of bolts!!!
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

I'll be hunting Zombie Deer with mine LOL :)
Assassin 360 Strata
Normous

Post by Normous »

Any problem using the moon nocks??
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Shouldn't be, same ID as the Executioners and they can use moon nocks.

Per the BEA site ;

Being 25% Stiffer than the executioner, The Zombie Slayer Crossbow Arrows are designed to optimize zombie skull penetration. Built for accuracy and penetration, these carbon Zombie Slayer Crossbow Arrows are manufactured with the tightest ± 0.001" straightness tolerances to ensure you never miss that critical head shot. This is what makes a bow or crossbow an ideal survival tool as you are able to reuse ammunition. What makes our Zombie Slayers a critical part of your arsenal is the unmatched durability. We test our shafts by shooting through 3/4" pressure treated plywood and several other materials. Your typical stinking, rotting, zombie corpse will prove over and over to be no match for our shafts.

Zombie Slayer Crossbow Arrows will come with:
• Flo-Yellow Half Moon Nocks **Installed but Removable**
• Zombie Slayer Brass Inserts **Installed**- (20" Arrow -110 Grain) (22" Arrow - 92 Grain)
• Bohning 2" Blazer Vanes (Flo-Yellow, Flo-Orange) - 18 Grains
• Zombie Emergency Survival Arrow Box (pictured under shaft image)

*** ALL Crossbow Arrow Nocks are Pressed fit and are NOT glued***

These bolts work with MOST ALL major manufacturer crossbows!! Check your crossbow manual for arrow weight minimums to make sure you do not void your warranty.
Length Inner Diameter Outer Diameter GPI
20" .300" .346" 9.1
22" .300" .346" 9.1
Assassin 360 Strata
volfan

Post by volfan »

Why the moon nocks? I am new to crossbowing and I thought you weren't suppose to use those with the Excalibur. The Diablo was made specifically for the Matrix. In your opinion, is this arrow better than the Diablo? Will it shoot straighter, shoot faster, hit harder, penetrate better, and kill deader? Thanks in advance for the info and lesson on arrows? Since I put out the money for a Matrix as my first xbow, I want to make sure I am shooting the best arrows with it.
Matrix 355

Post by newbie »

There I nothing wrong with the Diablos. I myself Luke the brass insert up front this allows you to use lighter broadheads that are more plentiful then the 150 gr and still keep enough FOC. I switched made my own then can keep the shafts the specs you want them. I found the firebolt/Diablos too brittle for my liking. Found several split and splintered never being hit or shot into a hard target and some only after very few shots. This is a Diablo after no more than 7 shots. Felt a little lump though it was glu gave it a little and I mean little flex and snap. Turns out it was the outer layer buckled a bit.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

newbie wrote:There I nothing wrong with the Diablos. I myself Luke the brass insert up front this allows you to use lighter broadheads that are more plentiful then the 150 gr and still keep enough FOC. I switched made my own then can keep the shafts the specs you want them. I found the firebolt/Diablos too brittle for my liking. Found several split and splintered never being hit or shot into a hard target and some only after very few shots. This is a Diablo after no more than 7 shots. Felt a little lump though it was glu gave it a little and I mean little flex and snap. Turns out it was the outer layer buckled a bit.

All the carbon shafts will do this in time bar none, they hold to much memory and will start to splinter right behind the insert, not so much shooting bh's but with field pts, as far as accuracy folks were hitting bulls at long distance with wooden shafts before alum came around, and they were doing the same before carbon, a lot has to do with the shooter. JMO

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers

Post by newbie »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:[All the carbon shafts will do this in time bar none, they hold to much memory and will start to splinter right behind the insert, not so much shooting bh's but with field pts, as far as accuracy folks were hitting bulls at long distance with wooden shafts before alum came around, and they were doing the same before carbon, a lot has to do with the shooter. JMO

Wes
Over time yes but 7 shots just isn't enough time in my book. For hunting nothing is wrong with most shafts. Some want more accuracy for target shooting. Just like bench shooters tweak their hand loads why to strive for the best out of their equipment. I also agree alot of accuracy comes from the shooter. I know both my arrows and bow are more accurate then I can shoot them.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

[/quote]
I also agree alot of accuracy comes from the shooter. I know both my arrows and bow are more accurate then I can shoot them.[/quote]

LOL< I know that is definitely the case here, If I were as accurate as my bow, it would be the red dot on a dart board every single time. ;)
Assassin 360 Strata