TriggerTech phenomenon?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mcgyvermark

TriggerTech phenomenon?

Post by mcgyvermark »

I installed a TriggerTech trigger in my Exocet a couple of days ago and have put about 70 shots on it thus far. It shoots great, but I've had 5 occurrences (4 of them just this evening) where the string claw rebounds after the shot into the cocked position such that the trigger needs to be pulled a second time before the bow can be re-cocked with the string.

Is there anyone else with a TriggerTech trigger experiencing this? I love the trigger operation otherwise but this glitch seems weird.
Exocet
S5
Boo

Re: TriggerTech phenomenon?

Post by Boo »

mcgyvermark wrote:I installed a TriggerTech trigger in my Exocet a couple of days ago and have put about 70 shots on it thus far. It shoots great, but I've had 5 occurrences (4 of them just this evening) where the string claw rebounds after the shot into the cocked position such that the trigger needs to be pulled a second time before the bow can be re-cocked with the string.

Is there anyone else with a TriggerTech trigger experiencing this? I love the trigger operation otherwise but this glitch seems weird.
It's happened to me with my 380, a Vortex with the TriggerTech trigger and my Kodabow. It is a sign that I let go of the trigger to fast and had poor follow through.
It's not a problem and they know about it. Either way have a chat with Frank.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ocyrus

Post by Ocyrus »

Me to...shows you are popping that trigger, I have two of them with that design you must follow through ,think of them like a release not a trigger! If you saw what is inside them you would understand why this happens. They force you to shoot correctly thus you shoot better.P.S. DONT OPEN YOUR TRIGGER UNIT...THESE THINGS ARE GREAT A REAL BIT OF DESIGN...I will never have a bow without it!....ocyrus
Bowfish Florida
mcgyvermark

Post by mcgyvermark »

Thanks for the replies. Good to know that the problem is mine ... should've known :roll:
Exocet
S5
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Happened to me once and now I think about it,it was after I altered the bracing height so I was using the stringer and releasing the trigger with the back of my thumb
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

Hi,

Thanks for posting this concern. As pointed out, it's important to follow through with your shot in order to operate our triggers effectively. Because of the light weight, it is especially important to shoot this way with our triggers. Feel free to contact us with any concerns.

TriggerTech
[email protected]