The Matrix is on! Health not so much.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ranger

The Matrix is on! Health not so much.

Post by ranger »

I got my Matrix all sited in for deer hunting now and the only change I'm going to make is a string change(Don) this Winter when things quite down for everyone, I will not be able to shoot again till the end of Sept being I have 2 surgeries coming up July 1st and 15th if all goes good then a 8-10 week healing time, they are testing me for a internal pain pump.
I have not been on here for a time due to my health, you know the little unforeseen things like a fusion and plating of my neck in 2010 and a Heart attack last July 26th and now Mayo will not do anymore surgeries on my neck so now they are putting a Morphine pain pump in my Abdomen and running a tube up my spine to C2-C3-C4....So when all said and done I will have my On demand Pacemaker set at 60BPM and a Pain pump in me dripping Morphine in my neck just to keep me up and walking, I no longer can shoot HP rifles, Shotguns, ride my Harleys, Atvs, Snowmobiles due to Chronic Pain so now all I really have for outdoor fun is camping(trailer)and shooting my Crossbows and sites like this.

Its people like you that keep a guy like me sane and its the folks on this site that got me into Crossbow back in 2007 when I had shoulder surgery, I have been a Avid Bow hunter since 1983.
Guess I'll be a Key Board Cammando for a bit now hahaha.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
ldock

Re: The Matrix is on! Health not so much.

Post by ldock »

Good luck with your surgeries. I know it is hard to always look on the bright side but it will help if you can. I am in a similar situation I have worn out one DSS (dorsal spinal stimulator) and on the second one. Mine isn't delivering meds mine uses electric stimulation. Keep an open mind a willing spirit and you will be ready come hunting season. God Bless and good luck. Larry
Bugflipper

Post by Bugflipper »

Ranger, sometimes it's better to think of what we can still do instead of what we can't. Hang in there partner it wont be long and you'll be back at it. Until then well it aint so bad helping folks out on these message boards. No doubt you've got a lot of knowledge to share.
Have a good one.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Good luck to u sir and hope u have a quick recovery
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Hope all works out for you.There's no pain like neck pain when you have bad disks.I blew out the C6-7 and all i can say is i feel your pain! Good luck!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Good luck with your surgerys and like someone else has already said spread your experience on here and let the healing take care of itself. Keep a strong and positive spirit. We'll be praying for you please let us know when you have your surgeries and we'll lift you up in prayer.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
ranger

Post by ranger »

Thanks everyone,
I just got home from Fargo ND Hospital and my testing went good, spent Monday and this morning hooked up to external pain pump in my mid back about 4" tube and no side effects except what's normal for being on Morphine.
I go back this Friday for checkup and then it looks like July 15th I'll have surgery to have the pump installed in my abdomen, same day surgery Thank God or Higher Power, I should be healed just in time to get out end of Sept when things cool down...
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
ranger

Post by ranger »

Got my call today they are getting me in on the 16th of July, can't wait to get it done and over with.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360