Crank a roo string broke on me again tonite

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Crank a roo string broke on me again tonite

Post by DaveShooter »

Was out shooting my crossbow and using my crank-a-roo approx. 20 to 25 shots with new replaced string on crank that Dawn sent from Woodys,as crank is approx. a week or 2 old as I bought it new. When I started to crank bow the dog gone string broke again. I got to looking down found one of the string hooks where as the other one went God only knows. I got to looking at the string it look like it was cut into by something very sharp edged. So I looked at the string spools where the holes are and felt a slight burr or rough place on or around the holes in spool. So I took a small piece of smooth round steel and smooth hopefully some of the burrs off the hole areas in spool. Gonna call Dawn at Xcal tomorrow and try to have some of the pieces sent to me to put cocker back togeather
DaveShooter

Re: Crank a roo string broke on me again tonite

Post by DaveShooter »

Got ahold of Peter at x cal today. Told him about deburring the crank-aroo string spools. Said he'd send me out the new C2 crank string and hooks, as well as plastic white thin spacer . I think I got all the burrs off of the places where string comes into contact with on the spools etc. I think I got it fixed with a little TLC only time will tell. :D :D :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sounds good
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Good news...... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Glad you seemed to figure out the problem. Let us know how your mods and new pieces coming work out for you.

All the best.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

JT of PA wrote:Glad you seemed to figure out the problem. Let us know how your mods and new pieces coming work out for you.

All the best.
Will do :D