Trigger replacement

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Beardmore

Trigger replacement

Post by Beardmore »

I Have a Astro Daco Tarantula Crossbow. My main one is an Excalibur.
The Trigger is broken on the Tearantula. It is still a good bow.
My question is can I put a Excalibur trigger mech. in it as they no longer make parts for the Tarantula??
If not where can I get parts for it.

Beardmore
wheelie

Re: Trigger replacement

Post by wheelie »

I Have never heard of an Astro Daco Tarantula Crossbow. I have a Astro Daco Hornet. Though my research the Excalibur triggers installed in the Hornets made them a much better crossbow. Would have to have been the very old triggers used out of the original Relayers. Weather or not a newer style trigger would work with safety on the back or not I would not know. Also don't know way back when if it was a drop in kinda thing or modifications had to be made.

Take old one out and see if your Excalibur trigger slides in. I have a Excalibur Relayer with Daco Limbs. Bill T told me there were only 60 of them made.

Check out link below.

http://excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/vie ... hp?p=86188

My Daco Hornet
chicotrout

Post by chicotrout »

Try taking the trigger assembly to a competent gunsmith. They should be able to help you I would think.
Happy Hunting!!!
Matrix 380 Blackout
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

wheelie wrote:I Have never heard of an Astro Daco Tarantula Crossbow. I have a Astro Daco Hornet. Though my research the Excalibur triggers installed in the Hornets made them a much better crossbow. Would have to have been the very old triggers used out of the original Relayers. Weather or not a newer style trigger would work with safety on the back or not I would not know. Also don't know way back when if it was a drop in kinda thing or modifications had to be made.

Take old one out and see if your Excalibur trigger slides in. I have a Excalibur Relayer with Daco Limbs. Bill T told me there were only 60 of them made.

Check out link below.

http://excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/vie ... hp?p=86188

My Daco Hornet
Nice looking bow wheelie
86SILVER

Post by 86SILVER »

Your best bet is to replace the trigger with an Excalibur trigger. Parts for Astro Daco crossbows are few and far between. I was one of only 3 or 4 folks doing service repair on Astro Daco Crossbow in the U.S. I'd advise strongly against taking it to a gunsmith unless he or she is familiar with that particular trigger assembly.

Although before you get an Excalibur trigger check the dimensions of the new trigger versus the pocket in the Hornet stock. If you have to remove to much material I would just retire the Hornet with honor. A Matrix 310 or 330 would make a great replacement for it because they are similar in physical size.

The Astro Daco trigger was a unique animal it had, if I remember right, 7 parts.
Trigger housing, Trigger, Latch, Safety, Spring, and (2) roll pins. The trigger could be safely lightened up but is was a slow process to get it right.

I know I've probably chimed in a little late but i hope this info helps.

Best Regards,

86Silver