Why Should I update My Bows ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the elf

Re: Why Should I update My Bows ?

Post by the elf »

Well--at this time I am going to try and get some-- [extra]-spare parts-----for what I now have.
Extra limbs ,[mag tips] yoke to hold limbs[forward];and who knows what else I hope I can find.
Big John has my arrow supply full [maybe].Might get more aluminum for stumping etc.
Who knows ?----------- :lol: :lol: :lol: .
the elf

Post by the elf »

Possibly going in another direction----due to my age and physical size and stuff
am maybe thinking of one of the forward riser 175 pounders.
This would probably suit me longer when old age arrives :lol: .
I am not sure which one yet but the aluminum risered Phoenix is starting to look better and better.
No decision yet.
the elf

Post by the elf »

Update---I now have an ambidextrous stock for my Y25 if I decide to use it.

Which means I will have an Exocet 200 and a backup with the same specs in my Y25.

which will probably never get used.

Of course I have my Vixen with the mag limb tips--which I hope will be my go to bow this year.

Now to wait and see what Excalibur does next.
chicotrout

Post by chicotrout »

ranger wrote:Because we can...I only have my Y25 now and not wanting to shoot it I plan on buying the Matrix 380 so I don't have to shoot my Y25 but due to health its to pain full to use the rope cocker so I am hoping someone will let me know if the C2 will work on the Matrix. I only shoot my Turbo XLT with AcuDraw now.
Because we can! I agree 100% None of us need to, but most of us want to :D :D :D If I were hunting with rocks, I'd be looking for the fastest, heaviest rock I could heave, and when I reached my limit, I would be looking for a tool to throw them harder and faster, and when I reached that limit, I would be looking at throwing pointy sticks...harder and faster, harder and faster, until I got to my Matrix 380 and that would be fine until the Matrix 400 came out and...you get the picture :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy Hunting!!!
Matrix 380 Blackout
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Thats why i use an old Vixen & it is fast. Tick Toters don't stand a chance when they wander by me!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

I just like change .I don't need any more hunting equipment .Cause it's new i gotta have it .I can open a cabela's store with all the crap i don't even use .
Ifin ya ain't got ,ya can't use it .is my theory .
It's like my wife ask why i have 3 4 wheeler's ,i say one might break down.

She don't even ask me anymore about thing's about hunting or fishing anymore .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

steve rodo wrote:I just like change .I don't need any more hunting equipment .Cause it's new i gotta have it .I can open a cabela's store with all the crap i don't even use .

So Steve ... what exactly aren't you using anymore? :lol:

A garage sale at your place must be like the Bargain Cave at Cabela's. :D
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

JT of PA wrote:
steve rodo wrote:I just like change .I don't need any more hunting equipment .Cause it's new i gotta have it .I can open a cabela's store with all the crap i don't even use .

So Steve ... what exactly aren't you using anymore? :lol:

A garage sale at your place must be like the Bargain Cave at Cabela's. :D
Im in Ill come early to set up :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

My 1994 Exocet 165 does complete pass-thrus on deer and shoots more accurately than I'm capable of aiming. What more could I want?! :D
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have the same rifle, my only deer rifle, from 35 years ago . . .let's just say, I don't upgrade very often. :lol:

However, I'd upgrade in a second if I wasn't so darn accurate with the weapons I have.

Good one Vix . . lust is the right term.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ranger

Post by ranger »

chicotrout wrote:
ranger wrote:Because we can...I only have my Y25 now and not wanting to shoot it I plan on buying the Matrix 380 so I don't have to shoot my Y25 but due to health its to pain full to use the rope cocker so I am hoping someone will let me know if the C2 will work on the Matrix. I only shoot my Turbo XLT with AcuDraw now.
Because we can! I agree 100% None of us need to, but most of us want to :D :D :D If I were hunting with rocks, I'd be looking for the fastest, heaviest rock I could heave, and when I reached my limit, I would be looking for a tool to throw them harder and faster, and when I reached that limit, I would be looking at throwing pointy sticks...harder and faster, harder and faster, until I got to my Matrix 380 and that would be fine until the Matrix 400 came out and...you get the picture :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have added a few bows since I wrote this, its a investment is what I tell the wife lol.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
ranger

Post by ranger »

chicotrout wrote:
I have added a few bows since I wrote this, its a investment is what I tell the wife lol.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
ranger

Post by ranger »

Ops double post, how did that happen hmmmmm.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
chicotrout

Post by chicotrout »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happy Hunting!!!
Matrix 380 Blackout