Rated R

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Re: Rated R

Post by Bullzeye »

Never a shot I would do, Especially with a rifle, to much chance of wasting good meat.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Bullzeye wrote:Never a shot I would do, Especially with a rifle, to much chance of wasting good meat.
Not a good marinade :shock:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Boo

Post by Boo »

JPjunkie wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Never a shot I would do, Especially with a rifle, to much chance of wasting good meat.
Not a good marinade :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I have cleaned deer shot up the ...in the ...hiney and I skinned them then cut off the shoulders trim the tenderloin out of the back take the neck and the hind quarters off and drop the whole rib cage guts and all over in the dog pen for them to have ....no mess or wasted meat other than the ribs.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Try it with a muzzleloader and a 300gr Barnes "Expander" bullet. :shock:

I'm not the one that did it, one of my buddy's friends did on a ML hunt a few years ago. I think they salvaged the hams after they recovered from gutting it. :lol:
wabi
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Boo wrote:I have never been that hungry!
Me too Boo :D
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The definition of ethical changes with experience and skill level.

I know a guy that shouldn't be allowed to shoot at a deer broadside at 20 yards. And I've known some that could shoot a quail out of the air with their long bows.

I've taken a lot of shots that would be considered unethical to some, but, they all turned out just fine. I've taken some shots that would be considered ethical to everyone and they turned out crappy.

The thing I've noticed about a truely "unethical shots", they typically turn out to be clean misses. :shock:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

sumner4991 wrote:The definition of ethical changes with experience and skill level.

I know a guy that shouldn't be allowed to shoot at a deer broadside at 20 yards. And I've known some that could shoot a quail out of the air with their long bows.

I've taken a lot of shots that would be considered unethical to some, but, they all turned out just fine. I've taken some shots that would be considered ethical to everyone and they turned out crappy.

The thing I've noticed about a truely "unethical shots", they typically turn out to be clean misses. :shock:
Agreed!
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

I made the hiney hole shot once with a rifle in my youth and don't plan to do it again. What a mess that was to clean up. I take great care with the game meat I process and do everything in my power to make a quick kill and keep the meat as clean and uncontaminated as possible. It is not so much a matter of if I could make the shot but I choose not to. Being able to kill the animal is not always the only thing that should be considered.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

At times I hunt with a group of close neighbors in rifle season, have seen guy's that can thread a needle with a rifle, seen guy's that couldn't hit a barn if they were standing in it. One guy only takes head shots, either dead deer or clean miss, other's feel if they shoot enough, They'll get a deer.
We have guy's an gal's from 6 to 65 yrs old, They all feel they are taking the best shot's they can make.... fwiw
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Slick Trick 100
wackafew

Post by wackafew »

I was with a guy who likes to take head shots on deer. I watched him blow the bottom jaw off of a nice big doe. We tracked it for two mile along a river and never did find it. :(
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

wackafew wrote:I was with a guy who likes to take head shots on deer. I watched him blow the bottom jaw off of a nice big doe. We tracked it for two mile along a river and never did find it. :(
And that's the flip side to making a sure shot, no such thing as a sure shot. I never try head shots myself. Like em broadside so I can have the biggest target I can get.
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Slick Trick 100
wackafew

Post by wackafew »

Oppie wrote:
wackafew wrote:I was with a guy who likes to take head shots on deer. I watched him blow the bottom jaw off of a nice big doe. We tracked it for two mile along a river and never did find it. :(
And that's the flip side to making a sure shot, no such thing as a sure shot. I never try head shots myself. Like em broadside so I can have the biggest target I can get.
Me too :wink:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Exactly, if you ever see a deer running around the woods with half its face missing and very much alive and I can only imagine the pain, you could not in good judgment try a head shot. Its not a pretty sight to see.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
jh45gun1

Post by jh45gun1 »

I made a head shot once on a doe by accident I aimed for her chest and as I shot she dropped her head and the bullet hit the top of her head right where I was aiming for her chest. Only good part of this was no meat was wasted.
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.