Glad I did it

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

Glad I did it

Post by LongCarbine »

First of all thanks to furandfeathers for the 30% off coupon from Dunham's.
Remember this is just my opinion . The Matrix 355 is a really nice bow. It seams to cock as easy as my Axiom ,It's a little louder but not to bad .When I shot my 420 grain arrows it made a difference from the ones that came with it and under 40 yards the drop was the same. I'll put some string stops on it then it should be just fine. The trigger is almost a two stage trigger on mine and it had a little grit to it ,but after 30 - 40 shots that got better and I got use to the take up on the first stage. Really the first few shots I thought NEW TRIGGER but now I don't think so. The scope . Not as bad as I have heard , Mine is clear enough the markings are to my liking and it has some nice features . The field of view is a little tight but to a bow hunter it's way big enough . Low light ? plenty good for legal hours. You do need to mount the bow right , but we all should anyway. No it's not a Leupold or Zeiss But I bought an Excalibur crossbow that came with a scope not the other way around. I think it will do just fine. It went together good , looks good . I had to retighten some things after about 30 shots after 50 shots I tried for a group and got a 3 " one at 60 yards with 15 - 20 mph wind gust in between shots. I still Love my Axiom but like I said The Matrix 355 IS A NICE BOW !!!!
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
onebigskittle

Re: Glad I did it

Post by onebigskittle »

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

LongCarbine wrote:First of all thanks to furandfeathers for the 30% off coupon from Dunham's.
Remember this is just my opinion . The Matrix 355 is a really nice bow. It seams to cock as easy as my Axiom ,It's a little louder but not to bad .When I shot my 420 grain arrows it made a difference from the ones that came with it and under 40 yards the drop was the same. I'll put some string stops on it then it should be just fine. The trigger is almost a two stage trigger on mine and it had a little grit to it ,but after 30 - 40 shots that got better and I got use to the take up on the first stage. Really the first few shots I thought NEW TRIGGER but now I don't think so. The scope . Not as bad as I have heard , Mine is clear enough the markings are to my liking and it has some nice features . The field of view is a little tight but to a bow hunter it's way big enough . Low light ? plenty good for legal hours. You do need to mount the bow right , but we all should anyway. No it's not a Leupold or Zeiss But I bought an Excalibur crossbow that came with a scope not the other way around. I think it will do just fine. It went together good , looks good . I had to retighten some things after about 30 shots after 50 shots I tried for a group and got a 3 " one at 60 yards with 15 - 20 mph wind gust in between shots. I still Love my Axiom but like I said The Matrix 355 IS A NICE BOW !!!!
Jim, glad it worked out well for you! X2 for F&F for hooking us up with the "deal of the day" coupon.
Scott
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on gettin a fine Matrix
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

You bought the best bow in Excalibur's lineup
in my opinion! Congrats!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

It's now the 3rd day shooting the 355 . I made string stoppers for it , a top quiver mount and today a cheek piece . The stoppers work fine. And with the cheek piece the poor old picked on scope will do just fine also . I do have to use my swinging bag target .My black hole just can't stop all the arrows from this bow. Trigger is coming along . The grittyness is all but gone . I have custom triggers on my hunting rifles and this bow just begs for one but with 1-2 inch groups at 50 yards how can I justify it ? I don't think this bow package could be any better.... (without adding custom trigger and high end optics for $400-$500 more)
To say the least I'm very happy with the two Excalibur's I own. In both quality and price point . If any one is on the fence about the Matrix all I can say is BUY IT!
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330