Arrow pullers are necessary!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: Arrow pullers are necessary!!!!

Post by Pydpiper »

Danny's for me too.
We affectionately refer to the "T" puller in this house as the "nock removal tool".
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Pydpiper wrote:Danny's for me too.
We affectionately refer to the "T" puller in this house as the "nock removal tool".
:lol: :lol: :lol: That was my experience with them also.When I got a pair of Danny's it was like "WOW ,this works so well and so easy!!!"
I also use them for other things such tightening field points, removing plastic nocks etc. They are really handy.
WithinMyRange

Post by WithinMyRange »

So much for the stubborn arrows. Thank you all for your tips and advice. I used a bolt and vice grips out of desperation and got both arrows out of the target, and I only removed one nock LOL.
Talked to Dan and ordered a puller and a stringing aid and I will likely follow up on his suggestion to buy a 400 fps bag style target for the field tips. It should make my life simpler as Dan said pull arrows out of it with two fingers.
Now to finish sighting it in and enduring the three week weight till the end of year archery season in the Okanagan.

Thanks again all.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

JPjunkie wrote:Good choice on the 380 I love mine I shot a couple arrows at a block target at a local archery range and had the same problem So needless to say I shoot at a bag target Once you set the scope on that monster you wont have to shoot all the time its a killin machine
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

"Once you set the scope on that monster you wont have to shoot all the time its a killin machine" Hate to sound like a Jerk but that is lame advice. Practice is fun, And much needed on any implement of destruction. Practice year round. Standing ,sitting, Hanging up side down if you can. Try to cover any kind of shot you may take at game. At the longest range you can. Till you master that range. The bow is just a tool you have to be the " Monster Killin Machine "
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

FNARSCOT wrote:"Once you set the scope on that monster you wont have to shoot all the time its a killin machine" Hate to sound like a Jerk but that is lame advice. Practice is fun, And much needed on any implement of destruction. Practice year round. Standing ,sitting, Hanging up side down if you can. Try to cover any kind of shot you may take at game. At the longest range you can. Till you master that range. The bow is just a tool you have to be the " Monster Killin Machine "
Izalamalakim Tool :lol:
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

FNARSCOT wrote:"Once you set the scope on that monster you wont have to shoot all the time its a killin machine" Hate to sound like a Jerk but that is lame advice. Practice is fun, And much needed on any implement of destruction. Practice year round. Standing ,sitting, Hanging up side down if you can. Try to cover any kind of shot you may take at game. At the longest range you can. Till you master that range. The bow is just a tool you have to be the " Monster Killin Machine "
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

When I was In the marines in Camp Pendelton I shot expert with the rifle so I think Im capable of setting a scope and shooting pretty good with out shooting all the time :D
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

I agree. You can never practice too much.
The bag target is the way to go as well as the 18-1. I did order one of Danny's pullers as well. They work very well and will easily pull 380 buried arrows out of the toughest foam targets.
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

"When I was In the marines in Camp Pendelton I shot expert with the rifle so I think Im capable of setting a scope and shooting pretty good with out shooting all the time :DJPjunkie"
Thanks for your service Marine. That said. You may not need anymore practice :roll: .Kool Beans. But everyone ain't you. Telling someone not to train is a bit foolish. "You Fight Like You Train" is a way of life . I come from a long line of Military and have a Son that is active duty Airborne Ranger :D We all shoot expert and want to keep it that way. I have never seen a decrease in weapon skills as a result of practice :lol: The Lives we take deserve a quick clean kill be it on the Battlefield or in pursuit of game. That said I practice with some sort of weapon everyday. I love my weapons. My weapons love me. :lol: I won't mention the triple post computer practice off your list too : :roll:
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

OOH RAH !
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Sound advice.

We all owe it to the game we hunt to bring our best game with us.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
TDHunter

Post by TDHunter »

I now only shoot the foam targets with broadheads. Fieldpoints are way to hard to get out. I built a rag bag target for field point shooting and now my 2 yr old can pull out my bolts shot from my 380. Best thing I ever did.
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

danny millers arrow pullers best invention next to excal, won't shoot without them
unless i forget em :D
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm too lazy to check if it was mentioned, but the DM pliars also work great for turning off Lumenocks.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone