Tomorrow will be 6 years

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Amrap

Tomorrow will be 6 years

Post by Amrap »

Tomorrow will be 6 years since my father fell from his ladder stand and passed away. I miss him every day and would love to have one more hunt in the tower with him. Please, wear a harness. They might be uncomfortable and make you feel like a yuppie, but they do save lives. It's as simple as that. May you all have a safe and successful season!
Matrix 355
Diablos with 150 BC (not very imaginative, but accurate)

"Put on your harness. If you fall today, you can't hunt tomorrow"
gerald strine

Re: Tomorrow will be 6 years

Post by gerald strine »

Sorry your feeling blue just try to enjoy your good memories of him and enjoy the woods for him he will be their watching over.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Amrap

Post by Amrap »

I will be in the stand in the morning if I don't get one tonight! His presence in the woods is just one of the reasons why I love being out there.
Matrix 355

bowmaker

Post by bowmaker »

Because of so many of these stories and my wife's incestance I did buy a harnes and am using it in my ladder stands this year, but thanks for the encouragment and reminder.
On a side note, just between you and me, how often do you find yourself actually talking to Dad, either in the stand or any other place? My Father in Law was a Father to me longer than my own Father was and I was privledged to spend lots of days hunting and fishing with him until he had to move on to heaven 19 years ago the 1st of December. Even now I find myself speaking to him out loud at times and am blessed with some small "visits" as he answers.
Amrap

Post by Amrap »

Mother nature is a wonderful thing. I often feel him on my hunts. Call me crazy, but I swear he has been with me on a couple turkey and deer hunts. 6 days after he fell on the opening day of gun season. Me, my brother and my brother's girlfriend all shot seven points with 4 on the right and 3 on the left. He had a horrible nickname from a good friend as seven zits. Since his name was Kevin Fritz. Could be a coincidence, but it felt great to us!
Matrix 355