Tuning the Boltcutters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Tuning the Boltcutters

Post by amythntr »

I know there are new Boltcutter's that allow for tuning.....however how does one tune the older version (just bought a couple of weeks ago...BTW) of the Boltcutters?

I guess I want to know is it an issue with them?
Does anyone use o rings from other BH's?

Just curious!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
strum

Re: Tuning the Boltcutters

Post by strum »

i don't use em now but when I did I had no problems tuning them.
as I remember I played around with the washers a little and got mine to spin fine..
I think in a pinch using rubber o rings will work.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

When I used Boltcutters I did 1 of 2 things. I either heated up the insert and twisted the insert until it lined up or I'd use a used a nylon washer. Rubber ones work, but they usually squish out pretty easy if you twist too far. I had some nylon ones I got at the local bow shop that worked pretty well. But....after everything was said and done....I really didn't feel that all the extra work getting everything fine tuned really had much effect on my POI. Had just as good luck putting them on, giving the whole arrow a quick spin to make sure they were in balance and stick them in my quiver. If you have a good arrow and use a boltcutter the majority of the time they'll fly true to your fieldpoint. If you're concerned about them....take a shot at your target with them. Then just give the blades a quick stroke or two on a fine stone before you hunt with them. Keep it simple!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I like to align the blades of 3 bladed broadheads to my fletchings. That seems to work best for me. I have used rubber O rings in the past, but now I just rip off the fletchings, put on the BH and mark where the blades are, and then re-fletch. Since I re-fletch almost any fletched arrow I buy it's not a big deal to me. The biggest thing is to spin test the arrow to make sure the BH is on square. Squaring the inserts before putting the BHs on helps a lot. I use the G5 Arrow Squaring Tool. I would highly suggest shooting each BH tipped arrow at least once into a BH target (like a Rhinehart) to make certain it flys well. That will not hurt the sharpness at all.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

thanks everyone...great advice!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings