in a tree

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

in a tree

Post by strum »

Ok fellers I'm in my tree this forum addiction has to stop :lol:
I'm in the tree I shot the little six out of last week.haven't been back till now.y'all wish me luck.I have one more buck tag to fill and out has to have four or more on one side if I get that I'll be back to crossbow.may the .06 speak till morn
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
strum

Re: in a tree

Post by strum »

This morn I meant lol
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
ponyboy1995

Post by ponyboy1995 »

good luck! I am also looking for something with a rack. got my meat for the year and now want my yearly trophy. I just got my first Excalibur (first crossbow) after season started so my other deer have been taken with my .06 I am hunting the rest of the season with the Excalibur. trying to get my first kill with a crossbow. I am pretty good with drawing deer in close so it shouldn't be a problem getting a shot. since November started it appears we haven't been seeing much of anything on the food plots. I have swithed to using my climbers so I can get closer to high traffic areas that the other guys don't know about. I am hoping to break in the Excalibur before season ends. didn't mean to steal your post. good luck and be safe!
strum

Post by strum »

You didn't steal my post man :D post away and welcome to the forum keep us posted on your progress.
I'm still sitting no deer moved yet.I did see a red tail hawk land in a tree close to me maybe that's a sign 8)
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Good luck friend! Hope you get a nice one.

I find the cell phone a useful distraction when up a tree. Being able to check the weather, email pics or videos of my area and such breaks the monotony at times, and particularly with the weather, that can be a safety issue as well as helping with the hunt! :wink:

I know one thing, the time setting on this thread is screwy: it's 9:13 AM here and the post time said 11:11AM........ That would be out in the Atlantic Ocean a fair bit, NOT in Georgia!!!! :shock:
strum

Post by strum »

im home!! saw three does. ill be back this eve :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Up a tree and down and up. Mercy, you must be passing up the tree rats at that pace. :lol: :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hope you get one this afternoon. Naw i ain't huntin its pourin rain. Its the pits too. I have 1 anydeer tag & 5 more days of firearms season left. I will be usin Dark Lady in the mornin wid her Holo red dot, good fer 0-35 yds
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

strum wrote:Ok fellers I'm in my tree this forum addiction has to stop :lol:
I'm in the tree I shot the little six out of last week.haven't been back till now.y'all wish me luck.I have one more buck tag to fill and out has to have four or more on one side if I get that I'll be back to crossbow.may the .06 speak till morn
Nowdays everybody has cell phones :shock: Theres probably a Big Buck behind a tree with his phone Texting his Buddies on every move your makin :lol: Good luck hope you get a monster I get to go over the weekend Cant wait Its supposed to be 12 degrees saturday mornin :shock: Thats when the Big Boys come out :wink:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Stan must have climbed down from his tree by now. I have a feeling that he shot one. patiently waiting for the word.
strum

Post by strum »

agingcrossbower wrote:Stan must have climbed down from his tree by now. I have a feeling that he shot one. patiently waiting for the word.
hehe I wish..but I did see 3 does again this eve may have been the same ones I saw this morn I didn't get their name tags :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony