Off Season Projects?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

Off Season Projects?

Post by Galgo »

My season ended a couple weekends ago after a very successful trip to Ohio. I had a few hunting related things planned for the off season like making a Euro mount out of the buck I got, making a knife, fletching some new arrows with Boo feathers and fixing a ground blind...trouble is I finished all those jobs within two days of my season end...now what do I do? :D
Fullquiver

Re: Off Season Projects?

Post by Fullquiver »

I'm not sure what you should do next but I can tell you what not to do. Don't tell your wife that you are done with hunting and don't know what to do next.

Because I'll bet she can find something for you. :roll:
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Maybe take up knitting. :lol:
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Can't say..... my off season doesn't begin until March first!!! :D
tammie

Post by tammie »

Imagefixin to unstring the bows for off season and do some crocheting :D we had a great season and love our Excalibur equinox and matrix .need to figure out a way to hang them on the wall.thanks to the guy that showed me how to post photos,im sure you guys are just loving these photos!
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have a few that I want to get done but first I ought to finish the ones I started two or three years ago! :lol: :lol:
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Hmmmm knitting and crocheting in the same post :shock: just what i was looking for! Seriously seems like too much skill is needed. That is lovely work there Tammy...careful or I might just have to order some custom Browning knits from you!!

F
needmorebacon

Post by needmorebacon »

tammie wrote:Imagefixin to unstring the bows for off season and do some crocheting :D we had a great season and love our Excalibur equinox and matrix .need to figure out a way to hang them on the wall.thanks to the guy that showed me how to post photos,im sure you guys are just loving these photos!
that is the most beautiful buckmark I have ever seen, any interest in making and selling one? :shock:
2011 Axiom
GT Laser II-Right Helical
175gr. Slick Tricks
353 gr. overall bolt
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

that is the most beautiful buckmark I have ever seen, any interest in making and selling one? :shock:[/quote]

Told Ya Tammie! :lol:
tammie

Post by tammie »

sorry couldn't resist with the camo crochet pic,i get some serious winter doldrums/depression when hunting season is over.i guess we will be fishing & trying to get more stuff to reload with.we have all the tools but some stuff is really hard to find(shell casings for my weatherby 257 magnum)my husband made me 25 rounds before season & I have 4 left.its gonna be 66 degrees when I get off work at 4 this evening,im gonna have 1 more round of target practice with the 380 & take the string off till next year :cry:
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Hunt yote's? great way to help your spring turkey and fall deer hunting.
The best things in life are not things!!
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Good point Max yes I thin I will this year maybe in Mid January...
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Aside from some antler mounts I'll be doing for friends, I also plan on refinishing a pre-1937 Cooey Repeater .22. Its walnut stocked and boy, can this little rifle shoot!

Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount