this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Post by paulaboutform »

sumner4991 wrote:I found that if you use the right broadhead and make the right shot, then the bloodtrail and the dead deer are "one and the same".
That's a nice sentiment but with all due respect, it's my humble opinion that if you were to make identically placed shots with any broadband and a toxic, the toxic will make it reader faster! Lol...seriously though, even my old friend who is not an archer but is an outfitter and guided hundreds of bow shooters conceded that he was very impressed with my 'crazy looking heads' and has never seen anything like them. All 3 of my hogs sprayed blood from where I shot them to where they died.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Masboy wrote:I wish I knew of a broadhead that would leave a great blood trail every time with every shot. but that never happens all the time for me with any of the many heads I,ve shot so I go for accuracy an penetration with a razer sharp head an that,s the best I know how to do :? I think a good tuff,sharp,accurate head is all you can ask for :?: I just never found that perfect head yet an doubt I ever will :?
there,s a lot of great heads out there an I would hate to say that one is the best an have no ideal how you could tell :?:

X 1,000 !!!!!! At least half of the deer that I've double lunged with a complete pass through left no (discernible) blood trail at all to only a few drops every 5-10 yards, even though they were stone cold dead in 5-10 seconds! All the bleeding was internal, big gaping hole or not. It's a little presumptuous to state that any BH will ALWAYS leave a great blood trail (let alone any blood trail) or worse yet that any would kill the animal where it stood!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Lake shooter wrote:
Masboy wrote:I wish I knew of a broadhead that would leave a great blood trail every time with every shot. but that never happens all the time for me with any of the many heads I,ve shot so I go for accuracy an penetration with a razer sharp head an that,s the best I know how to do :? I think a good tuff,sharp,accurate head is all you can ask for :?: I just never found that perfect head yet an doubt I ever will :?
there,s a lot of great heads out there an I would hate to say that one is the best an have no ideal how you could tell :?:

X 1,000 !!!!!! At least half of the deer that I've double lunged with a complete pass through left no (discernible) blood trail at all to only a few drops every 5-10 yards, even though they were stone cold dead in 5-10 seconds! All the bleeding was internal, big gaping hole or not. It's a little presumptuous to state that any BH will ALWAYS leave a great blood trail (let alone any blood trail) or worse yet that any would kill the animal where it stood!
Oh my gosh!!!! I feel like the poor dead horse keeps getting beaten! I'm agreeing with the point you're all trying to make about different broadheads and big gaping holes and different blood trails or lack thereof. Now I'm saying I agree with you all, BUT, all things being equal the toxic will out perform them all. So yes, a high double lung pass through, my money's on the toxic over every other Bh. Dead deer with any of the bh's but I believe the toxic gives a better blood trail. My experience is just that, MY EXPERIENCE! It's not someone's opinion on some forum somewhere who's talking about their buddy's friend who heard something about the toxics. Don't take my word blindly because you have no idea who I am or what my abilities or hunting experience are. Rather, as i did, look at the concept of the toxic, pick up a pack and see how it shoots, and if you like how it flies try it in the field. Just remember, I'm not saying they're magical, it's still up to you to put it in the boiler room.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

paulaboutform wrote:
sumner4991 wrote:I found that if you use the right broadhead and make the right shot, then the bloodtrail and the dead deer are "one and the same".
That's a nice sentiment but with all due respect, it's my humble opinion that if you were to make identically placed shots with any broadband and a toxic, the toxic will make it reader faster! Lol...seriously though, even my old friend who is not an archer but is an outfitter and guided hundreds of bow shooters conceded that he was very impressed with my 'crazy looking heads' and has never seen anything like them. All 3 of my hogs sprayed blood from where I shot them to where they died.
I'm not saying anything bad about the toxic . . .I just think that we kill via blood loss. I personally like a broadhead that delivers the biggest cut. I figure that all things equal, then the broadhead that does the most cutting will drop the animal faster.

I would perfer a 2" cut Toxic over a 1" cut Toxic.

Bigger really is better.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

paulaboutform wrote:
Lake shooter wrote:

Oh my gosh!!!! I feel like the poor dead horse keeps getting beaten! I'm agreeing with the point you're all trying to make about different broadheads and big gaping holes and different blood trails or lack thereof. Now I'm saying I agree with you all, BUT, all things being equal the toxic will out perform them all. So yes, a high double lung pass through, my money's on the toxic over every other Bh. Dead deer with any of the bh's but I believe the toxic gives a better blood trail. My experience is just that, MY EXPERIENCE! It's not someone's opinion on some forum somewhere who's talking about their buddy's friend who heard something about the toxics. Don't take my word blindly because you have no idea who I am or what my abilities or hunting experience are. Rather, as i did, look at the concept of the toxic, pick up a pack and see how it shoots, and if you like how it flies try it in the field. Just remember, I'm not saying they're magical, it's still up to you to put it in the boiler room.

Don't worry about what a few video watching "experts" say about broadheads.

I'm a ST believer, because they work for me every time.

Toxic does look pretty good IMO, and your experience with them is a testament to it's effectiveness. If it works for you, who cares what others say
wackafew

Post by wackafew »

Kinda like Chevy is beter then Ford. But both do the same thing. :wink:
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Maybe so, but the best way to get things stirred up is to declare one the best ever made............... Or a broadhead the deadliest ever made!!! :wink:
strum

Post by strum »

just to stir the pot a little..
how many of you guys have lost deer using a firearm?
I have .. and i've shot deer with 30 30 or 30-06 and such ..dead deer but not much of a blood trail.
that's the chance we take when we pull the trigger.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

strum wrote:just to stir the pot a little..
I have .. and i've shot deer with 30 30 or 30-06 and such ..dead deer but not much of a blood trail.
Now if I could get the boys at toxics together with the boys at Barnes X Bullets to put something together in 30cal for my 300 win mag I'd have the DEADLIEST BULLET EVER MADE!!!!....Now that's what you call opening a can of worms! Lol. ; D
strum

Post by strum »

paulaboutform wrote:
Now if I could get the boys at toxics together with the boys at Barnes X Bullets to put something together in 30cal for my 300 win mag I'd have the DEADLIEST BULLET EVER MADE!!!!....Now that's what you call opening a can of worms! Lol. ; D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

In our area, a lot of gun hunters after they shoot at a deer an if the deer runs away looking healthy, they never even check for blood. So, its hard telling how deer are actually lost by gun hunters at least in out area. Pretty sad and one of many things that help me put my gun in storage. :(
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

You got that right, it's that way everywhere and another reason that I gave up on gun hunting and the gun crowd 18 or so years back! :oops:
ch312

Post by ch312 »

I found the measurements of the Toxic head and compared that to some 3 blade Rage heads I have here at home.

Toxic head = 7/8" diameter, 5" of cutting surface

Rage 3 blade = 1 3/8" diameter, 3" of cutting surface.

While they're smaller than the Rage 3 blades, they will cut 2" more flesh than the larger diameter Rage's. That's an extra 2" of cut flesh that will let blood escape the body which would theoretically lead to a better blood trail.

Some of the testing video's on Youtube are impressive with holes being cut in test medium and meat compared to straight slices from traditional broad heads.
strum

Post by strum »

agingcrossbower wrote:
In our area, a lot of gun hunters after they shoot at a deer an if the deer runs away looking healthy, they never even check for blood. So, its hard telling how deer are actually lost by gun hunters at least in out area. Pretty sad and one of many things that help me put my gun in storage. :(
that's awful!!! I guess that's the guys that pull there gun out of the cabinet and go hunting saying "I don't need to sight my gun in im the best shooter there is .
l don't need practice" :shock:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I do just like my bows with testing arrows an broadheads only with guns I try to fine the best bullets an loads for the game I,m hunting an that,s part of the fun an a real satisfying feeling. There,s lots of both gun an bow hunters that just pick up there weapon an go once a year without practicing much or perfecting there equipment an I know many.