this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Olmanstand

Re: this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Post by Olmanstand »

It's hard to swallow that guys would stoop that low as to not look for animals which have been shot at... I couldn't imagine not trailing any deer until it's found of all blood trail is lost. We owe it to the game we take, and where I come from that's meat for our families...

I really think it's a crap shoot as what broad head is the best or what caliber is the best. I've seen deer lost with a 300 win. mag. and many brands of broadheads. I like simplicity and accuracy, I know my montec tipped BEAs from Big John will hit where I aim.....
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Ironically, three of the deer that I double lunged and found dead dead in 20-50 yards but no blood trail, were with Montecs!!!!! They shoot great though. After trying many others I'm back to basically the same thing in the Magnus Snuffer SS. A little cheaper and lifetime guarantee. Hard to top that, but still the same thing on the blood trail! :oops:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm dismayed to read these posts. :( Unfortunately these irresponsible shooters (I don't want to refer to them as hunters) reflect poorly on the rest of us. When you choose to take an animals' life I think you accept a certain amount of responsability and that's not something to take lightly. That's why the vast majority of us practice and test our equipment and go to great lengths to ensure we have the best equipment we can afford. That's why as consumers we seem to be in an endless pursuit of of the best bows, optics, bolts, broadheads, etc... That's why I use an Excalibur and trigger stix and toxics etc... I'm offended by mindless killers taking pot shots at 'our' animals with no consideration for the animals they're shooting at or the affect it has on the rest of us. That's my two bits.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Olmanstand wrote:It's hard to swallow that guys would stoop that low as to not look for animals which have been shot at... I couldn't imagine not trailing any deer until it's found of all blood trail is lost. We owe it to the game we take, and where I come from that's meat for our families...

I really think it's a crap shoot as what broad head is the best or what caliber is the best. I've seen deer lost with a 300 win. mag. and many brands of broadheads. I like simplicity and accuracy, I know my montec tipped BEAs from Big John will hit where I aim.....
Not knocking your montecs, my dear friend and hunting buddy has killed a LOT more game than me and uses montecs, but is now switching to toxics after seeing my results. Consider this a friendly suggestion from one hunter to another.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Lake shooter wrote:Ironically, three of the deer that I double lunged and found dead dead in 20-50 yards but no blood trail, were with Montecs!!!!! They shoot great though. After trying many others I'm back to basically the same thing in the Magnus Snuffer SS. A little cheaper and lifetime guarantee. Hard to top that, but still the same thing on the blood trail! :oops:
Once again, consider the toxic broadhead...I bet you couldn't make a double lung shot without finding blood spraying from both sides. even if it's a high lungs shot. Sorry for sounding like a broken record but I do believe as people start trying them the results will speak for themselves.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I too don't want to sound like a broken record, but you fail to explain why the doe killed with the a Toxic in the video the I mentioned left very little blood trail??????

Cripes !!!!!!! :roll: :oops:

The broadhead that ALWAYS makes a pass though AND a great blood trail doesn't exist, and never will IMHO. All we can do is use what has the best of both characteristics in our own experience, and that is a lifetime undertaking. I for one will keep searching but no matter what, or how much I may like and tout a BH, I will never say that I've found the world's deadliest BH.

After all, isn't it all about the journey and not the destination? :wink:
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Barnes doesn't need any advice on building bullets. They already make the best
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Lake shooter wrote:I too don't want to sound like a broken record, but you fail to explain why the doe killed with the a Toxic in the video the I mentioned left very little blood trail??????

The broadhead that ALWAYS makes a pass though AND a great blood trail doesn't exist, and never will IMHO. All we can do is use what has the best of both characteristics in our own experience, and that is a lifetime undertaking. I for one will keep searching but no matter what, or how much I may like and tout a BH, I will never say that I've found the world's deadliest BH.

Alright alright. I do agree and will concede that the fun is in the journey. I do tend to be process oriented rather than goal driven. Nonetheless im glad we can at least agree on this. :D
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

I'm so good, I only hunt with fieldpoints. With a perfect shot, they just drop on the spot. :wink:

Actually I agree with the others that feel shot placement is more important than the type of broadhead. In the past I've been quick to blame lost animals or long trailing jobs on poor broadhead performance, but normally it was poor shot placement due to my error or some unseen twig.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

paulaboutform wrote:
Lake shooter wrote:I too don't want to sound like a broken record, but you fail to explain why the doe killed with the a Toxic in the video the I mentioned left very little blood trail??????

Alright alright. I do agree and will concede that the fun is in the journey. I do tend to be process oriented rather than goal driven. Nonetheless im glad we can at least agree on this. :D
Goal........ What's a goal????? :shock: :D :lol: :wink:
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

NFH wrote:I read on a different forum that these broadheads whistle giving the deer enough warning to run and be well clear of the arrow before it ever reaches them! :shock:
I'd like to give them a try though, I'll just have to find deaf deer to shoot at.
I killed 2 deer this year with the Toxic broadhead the first one was a ranged 50 yards in my foodplot and the other was about 12 yards. The first one ran about 40 yards and piled head first into the ground and the other where I only got one lung ran about 150 yards with a good blood trail except the last 40 yards and it made a death run before going down. This broadhead shot very accurate out of my Matrix right along with my Slick Tricks. I was very impressed with this broadhead and plan on killing some animals with them next year if the opportunity arrises.

If they whistle while flying through the air I guess my 1st deer ws deaf because it stood there until the arrow smacked it.

They're worth giving them a try.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

With you pushing the Toxic heads you would think you would have pics of the entrance and exit wounds.
I'm sticking with the Rocket Hammerheads 2" cut
3 blade.This buck went 20yds and piled up.Best head on the market in my opinion.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I've killed deer with 3 different heads this year the Toxic, Slick Trick Mags, and QAD Exodus and I like them all because they all 3 hit the same where I'm aiming which resulted in 4 dead deer. I love my Slick Tricks but I also like to experiment when something that looks a little better than what I already have. I received pas throughs on 3 of the 4 animals and the one that didn't pass through was the QAD and the broadhead severed the spine and buried in the shoulder. The doe was striaght down under me when the shot was made and of course it was DRT no tracking at all. Good luck everyone they're a lot of good broadheads out there.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hester0305 wrote:
NFH wrote:I read on a different forum that these broadheads whistle giving the deer enough warning to run and be well clear of the arrow before it ever reaches them! :shock:
I'd like to give them a try though, I'll just have to find deaf deer to shoot at.
I killed 2 deer this year with the Toxic broadhead the first one was a ranged 50 yards in my foodplot and the other was about 12 yards. The first one ran about 40 yards and piled head first into the ground and the other where I only got one lung ran about 150 yards with a good blood trail except the last 40 yards and it made a death run before going down. This broadhead shot very accurate out of my Matrix right along with my Slick Tricks. I was very impressed with this broadhead and plan on killing some animals with them next year if the opportunity arrises.

If they whistle while flying through the air I guess my 1st deer ws deaf because it stood there until the arrow smacked it.
Glad to hear you had such great results. How do you feel the toxics compared to other broadheads you've used?

They're worth giving them a try.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

BeerNutz1960 wrote:HeY aNyOnE kNoW iF tHeSe BrOaD hEaDs ArE aNy GoOd

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the topic, if nothing else I have discovered an interesting new style broadhead.

Thanks For That.

TWANG .....FLOP

That's all that matters.

Cheers
that was AWESOME!!! Too funny, I love that!