Arizona vs bitzenburger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Arizona vs bitzenburger

Post by Masboy »

Started fletching a bunch of BEA with blazers I had for some time an took a close look an not happy with the precision I seen from the Arizona fletcher an I had just gave it a good cleaning today. some uneven spacing between vanes an a few other things I did not like.

So I got my bitz out with a right helix clamp an put about as much offset as I could on it with the vane sitting nice an flat now back in business like I use to fletch with a perfect looking precision job. I did most of my shooting before with arrows fletched this same way with fieldpoints an broadheads before getting the Ariziona fletcher.

I think the Ariziona ok for a quick fletch job an putting lots of helix on if need be but I will be using my bitz from now on an get a much more precision job on my fine BEA arrows . my bohning tower jig ,Ariziona fletcher are plastic crap compared to my bitzenburger . :mrgreen:
VixChix

Re: Arizona vs bitzenburger

Post by VixChix »

I recently bought the tower as well - so much better!!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

I love my bitz!
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Bitz is all I have ever used, and I find it to be awesome. I fletched Boo's turkey feathers with it and they turned out great.
Last edited by taz3 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

xcaliber wrote:The single vane method is still the most accurate in my book, it just takes a bit longer to do a dozen arrows.
X2
Masboy wrote:So I got my blitz out with a right helix clamp an put about as much offset as I could on it with the vane sitting nice an flat now back in business
Ive got a Blitz and have never tried blazers on it mainly because I dont have a Nock adapter for a flat xbow nock, Whats everyone using on their Blitz for an adapter ?
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Just glue an old style nock on a field tips if you use inserts for nocks.I use the crossbow nock knob that I bought at lancaster archery an it works great .
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I've used the aa and the bitz, to me the Grayling is tops, cock feather down or left or four fletched arrows just by changing a plate it's the complete deal and does a super job one at a time, also comes with adapter

Wes
Last edited by Limbs and Sticks on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

If you want the job done with precision . Nothing beats a Blitz . :)
I use a nock epoxied to a field tip . To add a little adjustment I have a O-ring on the adapter .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

For me the Arizona was a good starter jig. Easy to use and gave acceptable results. after borrowing and testing a Bitz i ended up buying one because of the precision adjustments you can make to get exactly what you think is best. \i also prefer gluing one vane at a time - it makes me slow down and enjoy the process more.

F
taz3

Post by taz3 »

8ptbuk wrote:
xcaliber wrote:The single vane method is still the most accurate in my book, it just takes a bit longer to do a dozen arrows.
X2
Masboy wrote:So I got my blitz out with a right helix clamp an put about as much offset as I could on it with the vane sitting nice an flat now back in business
Ive got a Blitz and have never tried blazers on it mainly because I dont have a Nock adapter for a flat xbow nock, Whats everyone using on their Blitz for an adapter ?
I made an adapter from plastic, but if you contact them directly they will send you one, I think it's about $20 or so.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Just got done testing 3 arrows done on the Ariziona fletcher an 3 done on the bitz.the 6 arrows were all BEA .001 - 20 inch with 92 gr.brass,blazers,plastic nocks,100gr tips with weight of 400gr. All were shot from my vixen at 33 yds from my bench rest with sand bags in a light wind .the 3 done on the Ariziona were a little off for being perfect like normal for me with it. the three done on the bitz looked perfect but just a little helix an some offset from my RH bitz helix clamp but not near as much as the Ariziona for helix.

I shot each arrow 3 times at the same target for grouping an poi .an the group average for the ones done on the Ariziona was 3/4 inch with none touching another arrows hole . the ones done on the bitz averaged a 1/2 inch with all the arrows making one big clover like hole on each target. the poi was also better on bitz arrows . the bitz arrows all hit 2 inches higher than the Ariziona fletched arrows. so precision fletching does make a difference for me compared to a crappy helix job. I guess a precision helix job will do better but I can,t do one on the other Fletcher's I have :lol: