Thieves!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ds762

Thieves!

Post by ds762 »

So I got out to a stand close to the house .. Only to find the locks cut laying on the ground!

Oh well, guess they needed that $50 cheapie stand from Walmart more than I did!

:evil:
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
pinshooter

Re: Thieves!

Post by pinshooter »

There are two kinds of people I can't stand....a liar and a thief...they go hand in hand. I hope some day you can find out who done it....then again maybe its better you don't :evil:
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
ds762

Post by ds762 »

I can bear losing a $50 stand easier than $700+ 1911 Kimber .45acp! You don't want me to get into that!

It's probably better I don't find em ... :twisted: :twisted:
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

You are right . Your weapons are far more important than a treestand . I have lost stands as well . When you lock them what else can you do .
Locks keep honest people honest . A thief is a thief so no lock is safe .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am sorry to hear this. Locks ncables don't stop them, i also have donated to thieves in the past
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Last season they got me for about 150$

A $50 ground blind, $50 stoney point bipod, and $50 browning insulated gloves... :evil:

Hope they have warm hands.....
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I would like to invent a treestand that is normal weight to carry but can be filled with lead or concrete for their convenience . :D
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

It is such a shame that we hunters must hear this year after year about others gear being stolen. No need of it. There is all kinds of natural material to make a ground blind in the woods, and you can make a ladder stand out of wood fairly cheaply so there is no need to steel them either. Or just climp up a tree that has big limbs and sit down. Stop stealing the cameras, just find a spot and go hunting it and see what is there for deer if you haven't got a camera, don't steal someone elses stuff, plain as that. I am sure that most mothers and fathers did not raise them to be like that and those that did did a very poor job. If any of you that read this steal other peoples equipment just imagine if that was someones last meal would you take it from them. In some cases it may be helping someone feed their family.
Thank you,
Raymond
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

I am sure that this varies by locale.....but what are your local laws or ordinances on putting up stands on public land? If your stand is taken, have you checked with local LE to see if it was legally removed by the man?

I am lucky in that I only hunt private land these days and have been even luckier that bad guys have stayed out of my woods and away from my stuff (and/or out of the view of my trail cams.....)....
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

I mainly hunt on a military base, and use a climbing stand. I don't trust anyone in the woods, and don't leave my stand. When I go, it goes. Still worry about someone messing with my truck when I'm out, but not much I can do about it.....RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals