TriggerTech Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

TriggerTech Question

Post by nchunterkw »

My awesome wife bought me a 2.5lb Trigger Tech trigger for my Vortex for my birthday. Talk about a great gift!! (OK so I gave her a detailed list and Danny's phone number...but still :mrgreen: ).

Anyway, I installed it tonight and tested it out (in the pitch dark with her holding a flashlight on the target). Wait until tomorrow?? Yeah right!!

WOW!! what a difference.

Just to check though, when I cock the bow with this trigger, I only get 1 "click" or 'snap" when the string seats, as opposed to 2 clicks with the stock trigger when the string seats.

Those of you that have the same trigger...is that what you feel?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Normous

Re: TriggerTech Question

Post by Normous »

I have a couple Matrix 380's with the Triggertech 2.5 and get one click when I cock them.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Sorry for the straying from your question but would you recommend the trigger tech? Is it really worth the money.? I have a M380 and although the trigger is a huge improvement from my old exomax, there's still a lot of travel.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Thanks Norm. Everything felt right so I thought I was ok but wanted to check with others

Paul. I only shot it 3 times in the dark last night. I'll put it through the paces this weekend and report back. Comparing to the trigger in my Vortex it is great. I have another Vortex with a polished trigger to compare with as well. It does have some take up but I am ok with that since this is a hunting bow. They do make one with no take up at all, so you may consider that. But what exactly do you mean by travel? Take up before the wall? Or distance you need to pull after the wall? That is what I call "travel". If I am misunderstanding, please let me know.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

nchunterkw wrote:Thanks Norm. Everything felt right so I thought I was ok but wanted to check with others

Paul. I only shot it 3 times in the dark last night. I'll put it through the paces this weekend and report back. Comparing to the trigger in my Vortex it is great. I have another Vortex with a polished trigger to compare with as well. It does have some take up but I am ok with that since this is a hunting bow. They do make one with no take up at all, so you may consider that. But what exactly do you mean by travel? Take up before the wall? Or distance you need to pull after the wall? That is what I call "travel". If I am misunderstanding, please let me know.
I'm calling travel the distance the trigger moves from start to 'fire'. For example,. My rifle trigger has zero movement until 3lbs of pressure is reached...SNAP! Is that even possible with any xb trigger?
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

What you described is what the new trigger does to the best of my understanding. It is set at the "Wall" and does not move until you exert 2.5 pounds of force on it. If you go on their website and check out some videos, they show how the trigger works and what the "travel" does. I like that idea for a hunting bow, where I can "come close" but back down and truly have it back on safe. It does break like a glass rod though. I can see how it will help my accuracy there.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Normous

Post by Normous »

www.triggertech.com

You can also search post by Triggertech on the forum.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Bones

Post by Bones »

After some reading and talking to Enormous I went ahead and ordered a single stage just to be different? Should have it next week sometime I'm guessing? Off season time to tinker again .
korey99

Post by korey99 »

I just ordered my two-stage yesterday too, along with the level. Read a lot of good things about them.

Looking forward to installing and trying it out.

Gotta love pimping your ride!

Hmmmm...what's next...a new Leupold Crossbones, perhaps?! :-)
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

The only time I hear two clicks when I cock my bow is when the rear stock screw is lose.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Well I had a chance to finally really shoot the new trigger and it is just great. I very big improvement over the stock trigger that was in my Vortex. Nice wall and clean break every time. The take up is short. I didn't know what I would think if it but I like it. This is a hunting bow so I like the safety aspect of that. I also have a used Vortex that obviously had a much nicer trigger than the other one. I think it got a job from Danny or Boo but this is even nicer than that.
My two cents.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><