Picked up a Replacement Matrix 380 Blackout (sought of!!)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Picked up a Replacement Matrix 380 Blackout (sought of!!)

Post by amythntr »

....Today I was fortunate enough to bid in eBay on a Matrix 380 Blackout and won the bid....lets just say...the price was more than right....the gentleman selling it was in a car accident and hurt his lower back....the bow was only used in back yard practice....

So why did I do it?....Go with me here because I am still asking myself the same query......

1. If the sky is falling (which all kidding aside I do not believe is happening :lol: :lol: :lol: ) I have some back up equipment...., but really and probably the most important reason.....

2. I have two boys 22 and 27 who love hunting and actually got me back into hunting in 2013....they were blown away by my Excal Matrix 380....and were drooling when they helped me sight it in....well lets just say, they are tripping over each other to see who could sell their Barnett first....

....Isn't this what it is all about?

....as they say in the commercials....it's just "priceless!"

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Re: Picked up a Replacement Matrix 380 Blackout (sought of!!

Post by amythntr »

....isn't this what it is all about Swampdonkey?.....

We, as parents have to bring our children into the fold.....they need to understand why we do what we do....

My boys understand that, "hunting is not a matter of life and death.....it is much more than that!"

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Thats awesome I know the boys will just love it.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Twas a win win!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....yepit twas....yepit twas....Vixenmaster....it's the Misses that I am a little concerned about....she has the fryng pan that once she flings it at you follows you around corners and waits for you if you hide in a room.... :roll: :roll: :roll: .

Anthony

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D :lol: :lol: i'll tell you a trick. let her shoot it and she will be hooked. my wife bought my first one for me cause i wanted one so bad, got the axiom. loved it!!!! she said that was it!!! no more!!! she shot it, loved it and i got her a vixenll. well now i have a vortex too!!! when they love it to, they can justify the money buying one.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...thanks for the advice Maine Hunter....Maine is our vacation spot for the last 12 years...absolutely love it....We go to Damariscotta!

Problem with wife is I won't be able to let her shoot it till spring and the package should arrive hopefully this week....I'm a dead man!

Anthony

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

All will be fine, jus tell her cookin be the best n flatter her every now and again
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

congrats on the new to you bow!! sounds like a great deal!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:All will be fine, jus tell her cookin be the best n flatter her every now and again
....sounds like some fine advice Vixenmaster....need I say, "sounds like you have some tried and true experience in this area?"

Anthony

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....my second Matrix 380 Blackout should be delivered today or tomorrow....it's amazing how I feel so excited even though I have one already....btw...I was able to reroute it to a FEDEX office so I am safe from the Misses for a while at least! :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
needmorebacon

Post by needmorebacon »

[email protected] wrote:....my second Matrix 380 Blackout should be delivered today or tomorrow....it's amazing how I feel so excited even though I have one already....btw...I was able to reroute it to a FEDEX office so I am safe from the Misses for a while at least! :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been shipping everything to work lately.Im new to marriage but im learning quick! those frying pans hurt like heck!
2011 Axiom
GT Laser II-Right Helical
175gr. Slick Tricks
353 gr. overall bolt
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

needmorebacon wrote:
[email protected] wrote:....my second Matrix 380 Blackout should be delivered today or tomorrow....it's amazing how I feel so excited even though I have one already....btw...I was able to reroute it to a FEDEX office so I am safe from the Misses for a while at least! :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been shipping everything to work lately.Im new to marriage but im learning quick! those frying pans hurt like heck!

...you learned a lot quicker than me...(going on 28 years of marriage)...somehow the women learn how to fling those frying pans so they never miss...hence work is definitely the best route to go...you just need good hiding spots around the house.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Jc1

Post by Jc1 »

I've found that pocket knife collecting goes good with being married since they are small enough to hide so they don't seem to notice them.
A buddy of mine had 3 antique John Deere tractors that his wife was making him get rid of. He sold them all 3 to me and if I would only take one, he would jack the price up because he had to get rid of all three quick. So I bought all 3 as a package. These are basically 1 good tractor, 1 parts tractor and one completely disassembled tractor. I bought all of them while she was at work and I parked them on her side of the carport and hung up a "John Deere Parking only" sign up. She was a pretty good sport about it, but I have to go out and warm up her car and scrape the windows all winter.
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

Sounds like a sweet rig!