Is Matrix noticeably Narrower

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

Is Matrix noticeably Narrower

Post by BryanOney »

For those of you who have the new Matrix x bow, are the narrower limbs noticeably narrower and more user friendly when in the woods and tree stand. Limb width has not been an issue for me really with the old Vixen. Just wondering. Thanks
Bones

Re: Is Matrix noticeably Narrower

Post by Bones »

I do notice a big difference when it's over my shoulder and hiking in the bush , seem's to glide through the nasty stuff " easier " than my older bow , not like a rifle or shotgun but better !
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

If I had the cash, that difference in width would be the only reason for me to switch my Exocet for a Matrix because of extra wiggle room while hunting inside my doghouse blind.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I went from an exomax to a matrix 380 and the difference in width is VERY noticeable. That being said your Vixen has enough juice to take down anything you shoot at. If the width is an issue for you I strongly recommend a matrix. The 330 being the most compact.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
WhoToo

Post by WhoToo »

I'm wrestling with the size advantage, also. I like the notion of increased maneuverability and handling, etc but my Vortex is a great bow and hard to beat. In the end I reckon my decision will boil down to "want vs need" and that means any logic goes out the window!!!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

6" is a big difference in width. To me, the greater advantage is less length for greater speed. My 380 is way shorter in length compared to an Equinox, and faster.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Im sweatin it my 405 is gonna be an inch longer than the 380 :shock: Im gonna get a bigger stand :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
PSEWOOD

Post by PSEWOOD »

paulaboutform wrote:I went from an exomax to a matrix 380 and the difference in width is VERY noticeable. That being said your Vixen has enough juice to take down anything you shoot at. If the width is an issue for you I strongly recommend a matrix. The 330 being the most compact.
Does the Matrix seris use the same limbs, if so all the matrix crossbows will be the same width right! the faster bows would be a little more compact drawing the limbs back farther. Maybe I am wrong.
Significent

Post by Significent »

I have read that the limbs are all identical. The length of the rail determines the draw lenght/weight and subsequent speed.
Matrix 380 Camo (Sheila)
Leupold VX-1 2-7x33mm Shotgun
18" Black Eagle Executioners
Swhacker Crossbow 100gr (see avatar)
GTFG Lumenoks
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....so does that mean if you used a rail from an older model that was an inch longer on a M380's limbs have you created a M405 clone???? :? :? :? :?

....and if the rail was even longer has one created the next Excal the M430????...just asking.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

[email protected] wrote:....so does that mean if you used a rail from an older model that was an inch longer on a M380's limbs have you created a M405 clone???? :? :? :? :?
The 380/405 difference is .8". A Vixen II mainframe will get you close but not quite and a machinest is required to carry out the required modifications if you choose that route.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

It's very much noticeable. I used my Equinox in a ladder stand, but my Matrix 355 is much more enjoyable for it compact width and length.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Significent

Post by Significent »

I doubt the Matrix limbs will fit on a non-matrix rail. Not sure the older rails and trigger would tolerate the extra weight either? I'm guessing 405 is the extreme outside limit for the limbs' and that you would be playing with fire if you tried to make a Frankenbow.
Matrix 380 Camo (Sheila)
Leupold VX-1 2-7x33mm Shotgun
18" Black Eagle Executioners
Swhacker Crossbow 100gr (see avatar)
GTFG Lumenoks
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Significent wrote:I doubt the Matrix limbs will fit on a non-matrix rail. Not sure the older rails and trigger would tolerate the extra weight either? I'm guessing 405 is the extreme outside limit for the limbs' and that you would be playing with fire if you tried to make a Frankenbow.
.....that would be enough to scare the bejeeezus out of me...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

Significent wrote:I doubt the Matrix limbs will fit on a non-matrix rail. Not sure the older rails and trigger would tolerate the extra weight either? I'm guessing 405 is the extreme outside limit for the limbs' and that you would be playing with fire if you tried to make a Frankenbow.
Are you sure about that?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family