Bushnell First Strike Reflex Sight ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Bushnell First Strike Reflex Sight ?

Post by vixenmaster »

Have any of y'all ever owned or tried one out ? I am thinkin of gettin one prior to this Fall to hunt wid, thx
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Re: Bushnell First Strike Reflex Sight ?

Post by paulaboutform »

I don't know what it'll do on a crossbow but I just watched a product test on YouTube and they went through two scopes on a 12 gauge. The glass was breaking and they wouldn't hold up. It may be okay on your Vixen but I wouldn't chance it....the tester did say Bushnell had excellent customer service though.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

No experience with the bushnell, but got a burris fast fire 2. I wouldn't deer hunt with it on anything.
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Appears the Bushnell First Strike seems to have issues wid its glass breakin.
Half Bubble Off BD360

bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

vixenmaster i put an eotech x bow on my 355 it works very good . it has a range finder on the left side they could do away that less clutter it has 20 brightness settings .you just set at 20yds the rest all fall into pre set program they give you a chart which tells you what each dot will hit in a certian speed ithink a single dot would also be good if you were only hunting about 40yds or less jmo
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Mike I have been playing with this red dot sight. Its made for a pistol but can work on a weaver style rail. It weighs 1/2 oz.!! Pretty neat sight.It self adjusts for brightness depending on available light, no on/off switch just a cover to put it into "sleep mode". PIA to sight in like all that adjust like this but I am pretty tickled so far. I am working to get a weaver base cut down and bored and counterbored to mount it right to the rear sight holes on the trigger group. This will do away with the Excal mount as its bigger and heavier. Something else to mess withImage
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

flightattendant100 wrote:Mike I have been playing with this red dot sight. Its made for a pistol but can work on a weaver style rail. It weighs 1/2 oz.!! Pretty neat sight.It self adjusts for brightness depending on available light, no on/off switch just a cover to put it into "sleep mode". PIA to sight in like all that adjust like this but I am pretty tickled so far. I am working to get a weaver base cut down and bored and counterbored to mount it right to the rear sight holes on the trigger group. This will do away with the Excal mount as its bigger and heavier. Something else to mess withImage
Interestin lookin gizmo fer sure & small
Half Bubble Off BD360