Fps range of the leupold crossbones scope ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MI Yeti

Fps range of the leupold crossbones scope ?

Post by MI Yeti »

I am looking into saving up for a new scope for my exocet . I can't find any info on the power ring adjustment fps range on the leupold crossbones. Can one of you guys that has the scope let me know the range ?
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
Normous

Re: Fps range of the leupold crossbones scope ?

Post by Normous »

250 to 425 fps if my memory serves me to be correct.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

That's what mine says on it
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Great choice, I love mine. My Cross Bones has power select on ring, for the 380 it is set at 6x which is correct setting for 360fps. Fantastic scope which you don't need to keep your fingers crossed and hope it makes it through the hunt.
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

Thank you :mrgreen:
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Hunt it wrote:Great choice, I love mine. My Cross Bones has power select on ring, for the 380 it is set at 6x which is correct setting for 360fps. Fantastic scope which you don't need to keep your fingers crossed and hope it makes it through the hunt.
If I understand this correctly, to match the speed of the bow up with the scope reticles you have to run the scope up to 6x? So then that's your minimum power setting, 6x? I'm a little confused (which is nothing unusual), by adjusting the speed ring does it magnify the reticle or the image you're viewing through the scope. Sorry never used one with a 'speed ring' type adjustment.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Mine is marked 250-425 fps. . Mine is setting on 375 hitting dead on at 20 and 40 yds . Faster the bow the higher the power setting on the scope . Once you sight it in, your on that power to stay.
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I will try and explain it best I can for you. Pending total arrow weight etc all arrows not the same. No scope with graduated crosshairs is going to work for every weight/speed combo. Therefore you must figure out which power on dial corresponds with speed of your arrow. Once you have that nailed down then sight it in at 20 or 30 yards which ever is your fancy then the rest of graduations are dead nuts on. Excalibur scopes have Fps rather than power but makes no difference as it is only a reference point. You can lower power if you need in thick bush, just try it out before hand and understand what effect it has. It will be out some, but not enough to worry about kill zone on deer etc. squirrel yes deer no.

Your dead centre crosshairs will be on at yardage you set it for at all powers on dial. Just the lower graduations that are effected somewhat. You just need to play with it one you have your arrows all set, no big deal, same with any non fixed power scope. There are exceptions to this rule, very expensive scopes $2000.00+ use first focal plane sighting to avoid this.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Thank you Hunt It, that does help explain it some. I guess one reason why I cant wrap my brain around it is I've always had a 1x scope on my bow. I have several variable power rifles scopes though, and I get a mental image that the speed adjustment is like zooming in on a variable power scope, and what I see thru the scope would be an image at 6x magnification, and to be honest that's not what I want at all. I guess if I had one to play with it would make more sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain.
Matrix 380
Exomag
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The 'speed adjustment' IS nothing more than changing the magnification setting on a variable power scope. Lowering the power increases the distance between the aiming points; increasing it, decreases that distance. That's how one matches the 'speed setting' to the velocity of the arrow,
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Thanks, Cossack, that it what I thought. I need to find a crossbones in a store to play with. Just my personal preference but I don't want lots of magnification on my crossbow, it helps me see the arrow and judge distances better if I've got the same sight picture (or close to it) with both eyes. Thanks for your help.
Matrix 380
Exomag