Handgun scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CFD940

Handgun scope

Post by CFD940 »

I've noticed all kinds of scope configurations used by you guys. Has anyone tried a pistol scope on your Xbow? I was thinking of a Leupold or Bushnell Elite. Currently have a Red Dot but loose light in those last prime hunting minutes. Don't laugh too hard but I still get excited when I see a deer in bow range. I know I'll use the wrong cross hair if I go with a multi reticle scope. Thus my use of a single aiming point. Seems my Matrix 380 sighted in at 30 yds is dead on from 0-35. Love that Xbox. Thanks for any input.
Boo

Re: Handgun scope

Post by Boo »

Most handgun scopes are EERs (Extended Eye Relief) and require an arms length between the eye and scope.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I have my red dot set to use with both eyes open for that very reason. Where I hunt is a very dense wooded area and an hour before sun set it can be hard to see through a scope, so I put my red dot on. I had 3 deer near me 2 were 25 yards away and the 3rd wa inside of 15 broad side and I didn't know he was there while I was trying to draw a need on one of the others in low light. After that trip I went to the red dot and dialled it in so I could use it with both eyes maximizing my vision. With my Phoenix dialled in at 30 yds I can draw a bead as soon as it's shouldered.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Thanks fellas. Arm's length make sense. Didn't think of that. Guess I'll have to practice with both eyes open.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

CFD940 wrote:Thanks fellas. Arm's length make sense. Didn't think of that. Guess I'll have to practice with both eyes open.
Be sure your dominant eye is view through the scope, this leaves you the option of 1 or 2 eye sighting.

Put one finger out in front at arms length and close one eye at a time then the other. The eye that maintains the same position of your finger will be your dominant eye. Typically it is right for right handed and left for left, but this is not 100% fool proof, so it's good to check.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting