Fgn PORCUPINES!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post by Guest »

Surely your kidding when you site drowning as the most humane method of dealing with mammilian pests. :?
Don't you think a single small cal gun shot to the brain would be a much more humane way to deal with problem pests??!! :?
boogap

Post by boogap »

I should have qualified that...for animals in a box trap. The most preferred method of dispatch is small cal between the eyes.
Chris4570, what about the hours or sometimes days or weeks they go through before the injection? What my point about these people are is that they are holier than thou. As for your other point, that is a ridiculous argument. Are you saying that skunks are equal to humans? They feel the same emotions? I wouldnt like to feel a arrow rip through my lungs, as I ran in terror and DROWNED on my own blood! If you really feel that way, how can you hunt?

Slightly O/T

Post by Guest »

During the Roman Ages, they had a particularly nasty way of dealing with fratricide/patricide, etc.
The convicted was bound, placed in a tied burlap bag, and tossed in the river.

Sounds nasty eh?! But here's the kicker.

They also put an Ape, a dog, and a snake in the sack with you. This would lead to a most apallaing death, as the other creatures in the sack fought for their last breath, biting and tearing at the flesh of their human companion.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Boogap,

Drowning is inhumane. No matter how you look at it. Through the eyes of a human or that of an animal. We are also animals, in case you needed to be reminded. There is no way for us to know whether or not "animals" feel some of the same emotions as us, but to say they do not is close-minded. Does a deer or rabbit feel fear when being pursued by a coyote? Does a wild animal that is trapped and then approached by a predatory species, such as ourselves, not feel threatened or fear? Surely it does! Instinct or feelings, call it what you will, we share many of these same attributes. Why does a female deer, moose or hawk protect it's young? Instinct? Or is there a paternal bond? I really do not know this answer.

What takes place prior to a lethal injection, euthanasia, may very well be traumatic to those animals. But I'm sure that the folks that work at the humane society, whether or not we see eye to eye on the hunting issue, don't poke and prod or antagonize the animals that are in their care prior to being euthanized. No more than I did during the past ten years when I worked as a veterinary technician. And I bet you they take very little pleasure in euthanizing those animals. Some dog or cat or rabbit that someone no longer wanted or failed to keep leashed/confined or someone who did not spay their pet only to have an unwanted litter that they now feel could be dumped on to the humane society who will keep them alive forever.(run-on sentance) It's not fair to expect the HS to save/keep every animal alive. Even at an animal hospital you have people leaving animals in boxes at your front door. In next to no time you have no more room. What do you do with the animals?

As for your other question, how do I hunt?. I like to think I hunt with respect for the animal that I pursue. Although last year, admittedly, I did shoot when I should not have and felt terrible for doing so. Whenever I have taken a game animal, I am both thrilled and saddened. Does this make sense to you? I love the animals that inhabit our earth alongside us. I don't hunt them because I feel hatred or fear. I was a naturalist before I was a hunter. I do my best not to cause more harm than neccesary to harvest the game I pursue. When that animal is harvested I take pride and care that the flesh and any other parts that may be used are used. That is why I have two raccoon pelts on the wall. Two raccoon skulls from those same raccoons. And I ate the meat from those raccoons as well.

Have I given you the answers you were seeking? I could indulge in greater detail if you wish.
Bunk1

Post by Bunk1 »

Carl .... mix some road salt in with a bag of cement mix and place it it the proximity that your having your problem. You figure out the rest! No problems at the camp any more with chewed doors or walls. Make sure its in a place that has cover from the rain though!! We would put it under the camp steps etc. Nope it's not humane and I don't give a rats a$$.