When will we know about the decision on Alabama crossbows?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

striper

When will we know about the decision on Alabama crossbows?

Post by striper »

Guys: There was so much said yesterday during the 3 1/2 hours of the hearing. It is hard to remembere al the details. I can tell you this:
1) There are approximately 70 days left before bow season in Alabama opens.
2) One thing I forgot to post was that the new Alabama Game and Fish regulations have been published and list the new proposed crossbow rules with the condition that they be upheld by the Legislative Review Committee.
3) The Conservation Advisory Committee will present the proposed regulations to the Legislative Review Committee within about 2 weeks and the LRC will decide whether to let the rules go into force by not ruling on them, or it can vote to hold them over to next year. I believe they have 60 days to act, or not act.
I have got to do some more calling legislators to find out what the exact time table is. I guess the gist of what I am saying is that this thing could hang around until the week bowseason begins. Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
Woody Williams

Re: When will we know about the decision on Alabama crossbow

Post by Woody Williams »

striper wrote:.......... I guess the gist of what I am saying is that this thing could hang around until the week bowseason begins. Striper
hmm. I don't think that is quite fair to anyone on either side of the issue..

They should rule as quickly as possible one way or the other and get this behind you all so you can just go hunting...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]