How do you

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Chief

How do you

Post by The Chief »

Carry your climbing tree stand and your crossbow into the woods at the same time without banging and clanging them together?
munch

Re: How do you

Post by munch »

i use a lone wolf sit and climb so it packs small and tight to your back then the bow just in my hands. also i built a came cart that folds ,if im going a long ways i will leave it in the folded position hook my tree stand to it then my backpack and bungee the bow on top until im within a hundred yards of where i hunt. i ditch the cart and the rest goes on my back to the tree . if i get lucky .i go back for the cart and everything goes on top for the trip out .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I make sure my summit is strapped tight & cradle my bow in my hands. I don't carry anything in my pockets but my truck key...keep noise to a minimum. I hunt public land so i usually hump a half to a mile back. No issues so far. :)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Tree stand on my back, and X-bow in my hands. Sometimes on the long walk, I wish I could carry it on my shoulder. But then if I happen upon a chance to shoot, I wouldn't be able to.......RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I put my pack on the summit viper, then putarms thru shoulder straps, all goes on my back. Then i put my crossbow sling over my neck my Vixen is chest high in front of me. One hand on Riser the other on buttstock to keep limbs vertical. I have done this up to a mile into the woods. Make sure to allow twice the time you think you need, :lol: Or you will be settin up at daylight!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I need a compact, lightweight climber. Until then, I'll lug around my old antique.

I use hockey tape, (Canadian eh?), on the edges of the stand to keep it quiet and strap it tight with two leather goalie pad straps. Tubes are filled with expanding foam. It's not light, but quiet as all get up.

I carry my bow in my hands.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Normous

Post by Normous »

Same as most here, Summit climber on my back with padded backpack straps and carry my Excalibur in my hands.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

samething for me, i put my lone wolf climber on my back and craddle my Equinox, and i DO sometimes hit the stand with the stock of my bow, then i stop walking ,.... call myself a bunch of bad names :x .... VERY QUIETLY, :roll: then continue on my way
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

bowhunter1 wrote:samething for me, i put my lone wolf climber on my back and craddle my Equinox, and i DO sometimes hit the stand with the stock of my bow, then i stop walking ,.... call myself a bunch of bad names :x .... VERY QUIETLY, :roll: then continue on my way
Lol, same here.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits