Hey Georga folks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Chief

Hey Georga folks

Post by The Chief »

I am moving to Ga. in July and staying at my sons in Lawrenceville until I figure out exactly where I want to buy. My question to you is if you could live in any place in Ga. knowing what you know now where would you go I don't want to go above $225000.00. My wife wants it all at least a house built after 2000 with 3 bedrooms nice big spam with granite counters tray ceilings in the bed room and a separate shower, tub and double sinks. I just want as much land as I can get with it. I would also like to be as close to some good deer hunting as I can. I know this is a tall order but I figured this is a great place to ask.
georgiaboy

Re: Hey Georga folks

Post by georgiaboy »

Your bigger bodied deer will be in the northern part of the state, also a bear season in the northern hunting zone. No bear season in the southern zone.
The south eastern part of the state which is where i'm at ( Savannah ) has smaller bodied deer but good numbers and plenty of hogs.
For the best of both you can check out the northern part of the southern zone. I hunted in Jenkins county several years ago...plenty of agriculture and some very nice deer & plenty of turkey's. I killed a 138 class buck just outside of Millen Ga. in 2000 :D
Good Luck!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Boo

Post by Boo »

Personally I'd ask my wife were she was going to live :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

Did you really think you were going to make that decision.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I frequent Newnan, Ga. It is about 50 miles south of Atlanta, and really nice. Lot's of industry, malls, resturaunts in the area, but not far to drive to get out of town. I have a business associate that gets a very nice buck nearly every year off his property just on the outskirts of town.
Good luck finding your dream place down there Chief!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!