bolts astray???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kegbelly

Re: bolts astray???

Post by Kegbelly »

youngguns wrote:Thanks guys for your expertice going to put crossbow in lead sled put level on it check my vertical start zero @40 see what I come up with thanks for all advice :) :)
Let us know what you find out. Hopefully that's the problem and will be an easy fix.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
youngguns

Re: bolts astray??? part two

Post by youngguns »

For all the guys who helped me solve problem with stray bolts thank you again!! This is what I come up with , put on lead sled checked my vertical off a smidging shot bolts @20 dime size bullseye :D went back to 50 put 20 on same bullseye shot bolt hit quite low naturally held spot on 20 and dialed speed dial to 50 spot shot 50 pretty close to bullseye just got to fine tune ! my question about taczone scope is on eye end of scope what is that adjustment for + or - focus or fine tuning also thanks for all help guys truley appreciate still in learning stages :)
A stupid question is a question never asked
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Terrific Youngguns, glad you got it straightened out :mrgreen: You're on the right track, just fine tune at your max yardage and you should be good!
Yes the adjustable ring at the eyepiece is for focus. The idea is to adjust until the reticle is clear, not the target. For old guys like me with bifocals, it took a lot of adjustment. :shock:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Glad you're on target!
KB got you right on the focusing ring. That's a pretty good scope too!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Thanks kegbelly my eyes are not great either I am going to start dialing in BEEs I pretty much shot the life out of diablos trying to figure all this out ! Thanks again :D thanks to you also xcalibur great having friends helping friends hopefully can return favor to all of forum friends :D :D
A stupid question is a question never asked
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Someone else said this, and I don't want to steal their thunder, but this is one big ole dysfunctional family, and you can get an answer to anything you ask! I aint saying the right answer, so choose your questions wisely! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!