18/1 target repair?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hankenhunter

18/1 target repair?

Post by hankenhunter »

Hi all,
My 18/1 is pretty shot up. I was wondering if anyone knows of a product I could inject into it to prolong the life. At this moment I just dont have the cash for a new target. :( Thanks.
Hank
Kegbelly

Re: 18/1 target repair?

Post by Kegbelly »

I've read where people have used the expanding foam in a can to patch up foam targets. I would think it's a short-lived fix though, that stuff is nowhere near as strong as the rinehart foam, but you might get a little more use out of your target.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Not much you can do to repair it . The foam insulation ( can ) is not dense enough to really stop an arrow . They do sell kits to repair 3d targets , you mix the components together and pour into the target . It is expensive , messy and has a bit of a learning curve .
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Farmer wrote:Not much you can do to repair it . The foam insulation ( can ) is not dense enough to really stop an arrow . They do sell kits to repair 3d targets , you mix the components together and pour into the target . It is expensive , messy and has a bit of a learning curve .
.....and it doesn't work very well. The patch kits were used more with the old Mackenzie and they make the arrows nearly impossible to pull. Sorry, wish I could be more help.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i wonder if a 8$ tube of real silicon seal would be good enough to work. it sets like thick rubber and also comes in black.i was thinking it mite give it a few more shots anyway.