Question tips for 150 or 125 combo for best precision

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DavideSpeed

Question tips for 150 or 125 combo for best precision

Post by DavideSpeed »

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. :wink:
Pardon my English but I'm using Google Translate. :roll:
I own a Matrix 380 BlackOut for a few months, and I'm using the arrows Diablo 18" with the original 150 grain tip. Precision shooting I do exclusively to the plate, and I wanted to know if the best results are obtained with accuracy in the 150 grains or with 125 grains? :?:
Thank you.
typical10

Re: Question tips for 150 or 125 combo for best precision

Post by typical10 »

I have rebuilt a # of diablos with different brass inserts, my conclusion thus far> the standard diablo front aluminum insert weighs 38 grains, that shot with the 150gr head shoots pretty good, with the 125 gr head not so great when you stretch it out. With the 80 grain brass insert and 125gr head you pick up an extra 17 grain front end weight. The arrows shoot excellent with 2" blazer vanes. The reason I went to the brass inserts was to shoot lighter heads, because the choice for 150 gr broadheads were not to my liking. Im still playing with different senero's. The obivious is as with most everyone elses findings is the crossbow arrows need front end weight. regards jeff~
DavideSpeed

Post by DavideSpeed »

So I confirm that for long range shots (100/150yards a static target and non-hunting) have found that the Diablo is more precise with the tips 150 grain?
Why you do not like the choice of 150 grains?
Thank's so much Typical!
typical10

Post by typical10 »

It's not the 150gr field tips, it's the fact when it's time for broadheads and hunting season the choices for 150 broadheads is slim in my opinion. But to keep front end weight and arrow consitancy, I need a brass insert to make up for the 25 grain lighter head to keep front end weight. For static shooting you should have pretty darn good accuracy with the 150 gr target tip and aluminum insert. jeff~