My new rubber boots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cevans

Re: My new rubber boots

Post by cevans »

Last couple of years, I have been wearing a medium set of Sorels, hunting, that have about a felt liner that is maybe 1/4 inch thick. then when I get to the stand, I pull them out, and put on a pair of down custom made socks, called Flame Thrower Socks, with a extra oz of down in them. Feet are totally toast inside the sorels. Would work I suppose on other booths with medium felt liners as well. I also use them in snow/cold winter hangs using hammocks, and custom made top quilts of down as don't sleep on the ground. These can be seen and purchased at below website and works fantastically, for sub zero, you can't stand a pair of hot toes hand warmer pads inside them either. Something you might consider when stand hunting in the extreme cold. about 80-90 bucks per pair. Can't wear these now, when walking,,too slick. I just put them on over the socks I wear to the stand then slip the boot on without the felt liner inside boot.

http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/stor ... Socks.html
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
HellBilly-X

Re: My new rubber boots

Post by HellBilly-X »

I bought a pair of Mucks & the chemical smell would knock you out. I drenched them in earth scent spray & let them sit 24 hours, it knocked the smell down but it wasn't completely gone till i put water & baking soda in a rubbermaid tote & set them in it. The smell was gone after i let the boots dry. Baking soda is the true scent destroyer, i wash all my hunting gear in it.
Axiom 175/S5's "RedRum"
Trigger Tech 2 stage trigger
Varizone Scope
Black Eagle Executioners w/2in. Blazers
Swhackers
Micro Raid 335 "Minster" aka (Mini Monster)
Trigger Tech
Hawke XB1 SR
Gold Tip Swift Pros w/2in Blazers
Muzzy HBX