Remember when

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shotnbeer

Re: Remember when

Post by Shotnbeer »

Mink oil, Zippo Hand warmers, Jones style hat, LL Bean boots, union suit trap door long johns.
cevans

Post by cevans »

dutchhunter wrote:I remember the first year I hunted we still had to wear are hunting licence on are back Dutch
Still got one when I was 16 and now 64. Found it other day going thru some hunting stuff in a Tupperware tub. lol.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Remember when there were no "Big Box Stores! The local sporting goods store was always crowded in late summer, everyone trying to get their gear ready.
Remember 485 grain buffalo bullets for the 50 cal. muzzle loaders!
Remember Montgomery Wards sold shotguns, Sears too! :D :D

I don't want to say it too loud, but we are some old boys here! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

xcaliber wrote:Remember when there were no "Big Box Stores! The local sporting goods store was always crowded in late summer, everyone trying to get their gear ready.
Remember 485 grain buffalo bullets for the 50 cal. muzzle loaders!
Remember Montgomery Wards sold shotguns, Sears too! :D :D

I don't want to say it too loud, but we are some old boys here! :lol: :lol:
I still got one of those "Sears" guns :lol: It's my trusty Glenfield (Marlin) model 60, got it for my 12th birthday. I still squirrel hunt with it and it's still a tack driver! Boy I was somebody parading around with my brand new 22 :lol:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I had an old Wards 16 gauge shot gun that would rattle your head for a week! IDK what the heck was with that old scatter gun, but WOW, what a kicker! :shock: It became the loaner after I got my first 12 gauge, and not too many of my buddies borrowed it twice! :lol: :lol:
Now there is some memory lane stuff for me! :D LMAO!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

My first bow was a toy really, a hand me down from an older brother. Yellow fiberglass limbs with a molded plastic handle, I'd get in the field next door and shoot arrows straight up and then run like the wind cuz I lost sight of them :lol: :lol:
First real bow was a Browning recurve (still got it), shot those white wood arrows with spray-painted rings on the rear and crimped on metal tips. For hunting I'd use the old glue-on Bear razorheads. Actually took a couple deer with that thing!
First compound was a Darton, still got it too, remember when 170 fps was smoking? :lol:
Don't forget the red plaid shirts and caps, that was the bomb :lol:
Bear grease on your boots with Wonderbread bags over your feet for extra waterproofing, treebark camo was the rage, zippo handwarmers, shooting slugs from my single shot K-mart 410.... my how things have changed!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Ironhog45

Post by Ironhog45 »

First bow was a sliver of wood recurve with the suction cup arrows. Loved that little bow. Took all the cups off and sharpened the tips on concrete. First real bow was my uncle's as a boy. A yewish wood longbow with a 20-pound pull. Graduated up to a Howatt recurve at 47 pounds.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

A dozen #1 Jump traps for muskrat were $18 bucks.